• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kinsella
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2014

Hi

Went to collect my jeep from a garage in the middle of nowhere. Indeed, there was no one at the garage. So, whilst waiting I took a look around. You can guess what I saw on the wall. Hit it a few times and thought it was great. So, bought one ( Amazon ). Fixed it on the wall yesterday and found it difficult to get going. Had another go this morning and, hey presto, it clicked and got into a rhythm with both hands. Slow of course, but am confident that I will improve.
    Whilst waiting for the board and bag delivery I took a look through this forum and was delighted to find so much advice and tips. Also looked at a few you tubes. Some super fast boxing pros, some amateurs giving dubious advice. Will stick with this forum as you seem a pretty good community. Thanks for the useful inputs.
    Peter
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Welcome to the forum... you've found the right place for everything speed bag!
    Take some time, look around, watch videos and when you have questions and can't find the answer already posted, just ask.

Be sure to get "The Speed Bag Bible" (discount link can be found here), a Deville swivel...and of course a copy of the film "Art of the Bag"!

Bag On!
    -Zaza
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kinsella View Post
      Went to collect my jeep from a garage in the middle of nowhere. Indeed, there was no one at the garage. So, whilst waiting I took a look around. You can guess what I saw on the wall. Hit it a few times and thought it was great. So, bought one ( Amazon ). Fixed it on the wall yesterday and found it difficult to get going. Had another go this morning and, hey presto, it clicked and got into a rhythm with both hands. Slow of course, but am confident that I will improve.
      Whilst waiting for the board and bag delivery I took a look through this forum and was delighted to find so much advice and tips. Also looked at a few you tubes. Some super fast boxing pros, some amateurs giving dubious advice. Will stick with this forum as you seem a pretty good community. Thanks for the useful inputs.
      Peter
      Hi Kinsella, welcome to the forum.

We're always happy to help new "members to the forum and baggers under the board. You are correct that Youtube is filled with many video's of speed bagging, Some better than others ranking from first time beginners to highly skilled and very fast practitioners. Watch them all and enjoy - but realize that many great, fast and skilled punchers of the bag cannot explain exactly or definitively how or why it works. They can hit it with their fists, maybe at blazing speed, but can't really explain it with words. Being good at something is very different from teaching something. I dare say you will find the best practitioners of and teachers of speed baggery on this forum. And the historical knowledge of the secret Art of The Bag and the evolution of the equipment is par excellence.

Of course, I've been in here since 2006, and under the board just a bit longer - so I'm a bit biased.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...