Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Examples of home built speedbag platforms

Some examples of home made speedbag platforms

Originally posted by Chris_M
    Some recent examples:

Last edited by Tim; 03-22-2007, 08:00 AM.
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

wut no respect for the canadian kids setup. jks

________
    BUBBLER PIPE
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
      wut no respect for the canadian kids setup. jks
      http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=265
      I missed that one... sorry about that. I haven't been reading all the posts on the forum for the past few months. I've been working a lot of overtime. I've added it now

Comment

• ninja420
        • Jan 2007

Here are some pictures of a platform I built

I built this platform for my good freinds Matts birthday. Matt showed me how to hit the bag for the first time a couple months ago on his brothers bag. He himself didnt have his own board and bag. His brother was going to buy him the 70 or 80$ set up. I told him to have his brother just buy him a good bag and swivel and I would build the platform 60$ later I had this built I wanted to build the board a little thicker but wood is so expensive lol thought you guys might like to see it. I will post a video as soon as he gets his bag.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Hey Ninja, that's a really nice looking setup! Good job!

Comment

• jaguiler
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2007

Ninja - did you build the platform and the steel mount or just the wood ?

I am interested in the steel mount - and if that is home built - I can weld and I am looking for projects...

either way it looks great !

Comment

• Kyle
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2006

yes he did jaguiler check out the thread he started to introduce his platform

________
              Web shows
              Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• ninja420
                • Jan 2007

yes and if you or any one else would like info on how I built it or if you would like me build one for you just let me know the steel cost 60$ and the wood can range from 18$ to 200$ lol depending one thickness and species. what I built here is a near exact copy of the I box non adjusible platform exept where the drum conects to the metal frame I used a 12" round pice of steel insted of a 4x6 or 4x4 piece square piece of steel. And the thickness and matterial of the drum. Getting the angles down was the most challenging part of this project. Hope to hear more from ya folks

Comment

• ninja420
                  • Jan 2007

Big N. your rig is bad ass! It seems every pine 2x4 set up Ive seen on here seems super strong. Steel does make it nice though because you can get the same rigidness from less material.

Comment

• Kyle
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2006

thats the only thing its sturdy and strong now that i got sandbags on top but i just like the professional look of the steel. plus the steel provides alot less bulk
                    ________
                    Live sex
                    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• BillyMack
                      • Sep 2006

Hey Ninja - Just wanted to let you know my birthday is August 5.

Comment

• Kyle
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
                        Hey Ninja - Just wanted to let you know my birthday is August 5.
                        hahaha good one
                        ________
                        Portable vaporizer review
                        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• ninja420
                          • Jan 2007

LOL sory but no more birthday plaforms avalible Heehe but if there is any one on here that wants a Custom Delux platform (thats what im calling them) and can cover the shipping and materials and a little cash for my time feel free to message me and we can probley work somthing out

Comment

• Chris M
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
                            LOL sory but no more birthday plaforms avalible Heehe but if there is any one on here that wants a Custom Delux platform (thats what im calling them) and can cover the shipping and materials and a little cash for my time feel free to message me and we can probley work somthing out
                            Ninja, FYI, you could probably cut costs even more if you go to your local scrap metal yard. You can probably buy some good used steel there for really cheap.

I was going to make a unit out of angle iron that I was going to get from old bed rails that I was collecting but I found a deal for a really nice Ringside unit so I never got to follow through. I had just collected enough rails to be ready to start when I found something better.

The materials were going to cost me nothing because I was just cruising around in my truck every now and then looking for people who had put old bedding out for the garbage man to pick up.

I figured I needed approximately 30' of angle iron to be on the safe side which is only about 5 bed rails..... It would have cost me about $50 at Lowes, and I was going to try to local scrapmetal yard when I came up with my idea. People throw out those old bed rails every day, especially when you live in a college community like I do. Landlords put a lot of good stuff on the curb when students move out and leave whatever they can't take with them. I've actually picked up several nice TVs on the side of the road, but that's another subject.

But yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

Comment

• ninja420
                              • Jan 2007

You are correct Chris and that would be fine for a platform Like mine and many others. What I was trying to make here is a work of art. I have yet to see a bed rail made from 2x4 cold rolled heavy gauge steel tubing wich was most of the cost on this project. Although at the scrap metal yards you have a good chance of finding these things. and remember the heaver the steel the better the unit. and @ 13.75 a foot for thick wall 2x4 tubing things can get expensive realy quick especialy if you make a wrong cut. But I have to agree angle iron is a great way to go.... I mean shit my platform is made out of a bed frame=

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...