X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salvatore Tortellini
    • Feb 2013

Brian Tichy video clip

I'm not savvy enough to know how to bring the video clip over but if you go to mma weekly there is a clip of Brian Tichy who has been the drummer for Whitesnake, Billy Idol, Foreigner and Ozzy Osbourne doing some very nice bagging - speed bag bible style!
  • ozzy
    • Mar 2015

Yeah, looks pretty good however, I found the music too loud to hear any of the beats coming from the bag - actually this is a criticism I have with many bag-drumming videos. But good to know a professional drummer such as Brian is into baggin to music.

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Brian has been a member here since 2008. However, he hasn't posted in quite some time. Check out his profile, his name on the forum is spinsmashpop.

BT attended SpeedBAG I and put on quite a show with both his drumming and bagging skills. If you search the forum, I'm sure you'll find some video.

Not only is he a great drummer and bagger, he is a great individual. His speed bag truck adventures were legendary.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Brian has been a member here since 2008. However, he hasn't posted in quite some time. Check out his profile, his name on the forum is spinsmashpop.

BT attended SpeedBAG I and put on quite a show with both his drumming and bagging skills. If you search the forum, I'm sure you'll find some video.

Not only is he a great drummer and bagger, he is a great individual. His speed bag truck adventures were legendary.

Absolutely.

Brian Tichy Punch Drumming

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
          Yeah, looks pretty good however, I found the music too loud to hear any of the beats coming from the bag - actually this is a criticism I have with many bag-drumming videos. But good to know a professional drummer such as Brian is into baggin to music.
          Thanks for checking out the video guys! RE: not hearing the bag above the music... The whole thing about punch drumming is to be in time with the drum track. I try to be locked up some simply want to hear more of the bag than the music. Problem with that is that if you do then don't get the impact of the song. I consciously decided not have the bag override the music too much.. I wanted it to be heard but not taking away from the music.
          Anyhow... I'm psyched that this particular vid has gotten way more attention than any of my other ones.... (108K in 2 weeks..) (I haven't done a vid in a few years.)
          Anyhow... I hope all here at the forum are great... it's been a while!
          I nearly got to the Speed BAG V last year as I was in Connecticut on tour..
          I will be doing a few more vids soon.... I am out touring with this new band The Dead Daisies (members of Guns N Roses, Thin Lizzy, ex Motley Crue, etc..
          WE are opening for Whitesnake all around the East part of the US. Then we go to Australia with KISS, the KISS Kruise, then again with Whitesnake in Europe all November.. then our own stuff in the UK and Israel... fun fun fun ..
          I'll be getting together clips of punch drumming to KISS ad Whitesnake soon!
          BAG ON!

OH ... I'm in Florida... looks like Speed Bag Skunk is coming to our show here at the Hard Rock Monday...
          Yo Tim Platt!!! Where are you ..... lemme know if you want to come.
          We are openers so tickets are limited but I can certainly try to make it happen!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...