• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    I'd love to convince Title to take one of my 4205 bags and dismantle it and duplicate it. It's a far better design than their big blue bag. Get the leather thickness and the measurements and the construction methods copied as close to exactly as possible. The world needs a great old school big bag. Whether it's made in China or Wichita I'll leave up to them.
    I've written Title and asked that they make a Kangaroo Vintage throwback bag. Make it look like the Title Gyro (4200 Everlast) with a light weight Kangaroo skin construction. Leather welting and an Enkay bladder. But the key is to make it bounce like the Perilous bag but shape it like the Title Gyro. Have a picture of a boxing Kangaroo wearing a T Title emblem shirt and their Gyro icon and sign me up for all the sizes they make of it.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
      I've written Title and asked that they make a Kangaroo Vintage throwback bag. Make it look like the Title Gyro (4200 Everlast) with a light weight Kangaroo skin construction. Leather welting and an Enkay bladder. But the key is to make it bounce like the Perilous bag but shape it like the Title Gyro. Have a picture of a boxing Kangaroo wearing a T Title emblem shirt and their Gyro icon and sign me up for all the sizes they make of it.
      Wow, sign me up for one.

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        That is a great bag. The 4200 9x6 was my favorite bag for about 20 years. The "original" version had leather welting and later change to that red plastic. I beat a bunch of that welting flat and had a bag seams stitched at shoe shops in Memphis to keep them together. They just worked and really held up under hard beating from lots of people. At the time, I did not like the smaller 4204 8x5, thinking it was "too light".
        Alan, I love this bag! I wish it wasn't so old and beat up because I want it as a go2 bag but when I hit on it I'm constantly reminded that it's days are numbered.. gosh dangit! Feels like I'm hitting a really awesome senior citizen
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

This one has never been hit, not even by me. Original red plastic bladder still holds full pressure since I inflated it over a year ago.

@ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            Original red plastic bladder still holds full pressure since I inflated it over a year ago.
            You could see why some of those red plastic bladders would fail, it was the ones where the heat seal seam was too close to the edge. Seems to me the quality control was shoddy, not the basic idea. I had only the bigger sized bags and rebound was good in those sizes. Not sure about smaller bags. But one year retention of air pressure is wild good performance.

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

This one has never been hit, not even by me. Original red plastic bladder still holds full pressure since I inflated it over a year ago.

Wow! Was that an ebay find? 6"?

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

Yes, eBay. New in Box. It sat there in the box for about 30 years until I finally had enough allowance money to buy it.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

Well, if you ever feel like you just can't stand to be around it anymore, I have a lot of allowance money.....

Can't blame a guy for throwing it out there

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

Man that is straight out of a time capsule. Very Nice piece of Everlast history.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...