• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skibbidy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2008

What size bag should I get?

I will be purchasing my first heavy bag and after reading some reviews I will most likely be purchasing a Powair water bag. I was uncertain as to what weight I should buy though. I am 5' 8" and weigh 155 fight at 135. I am into mixed martial arts so i am not strictly boxing so I will be using this bag for kicking as well. Just thought I would get some input as to what size/weight I should get, or if there were reccomendations on other bags besides the Powair in the same price range.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

80 to 100 lbs will probably work just fine for you. However, it may also depend on where and how you will hang it, or if you might be better off with a free standing floor model. For kicking low you might want a longer Thai Bag or freestanding bag with a lower pad added for low kicks.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jackmcmanus21
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2008

go with the Thai bag....they're perfect for a number of strikes with knees and legs

Comment

• badzy
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2008

nike bag

id prefer you to use medium sized nike bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Ditton on the thai bag. Lot's of stuff you can do with those, especially low kicks which are really important in MMA (as you know)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...