X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

I know there is a lot of fuss about the everlast pro xs and so many of you guys want to get a hold of one. I admit it is a good bag - I have two. However, let me remind you that the everlast size Small (8x5) is a good bag also (maybe even better) and Title has them on closeout for $19.99.

I think just as big a fuss should be made over this bag. Once these bags are gone, they may be gone forever.

Comment

• sparrky37
      • Jan 2010

Just got mine today I see what you guys mean about break in. Makes me laugh goin back to 8x5 it feels huge now

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Well gang, I bit the bullet and ordered one! Found one on Ebay for $24.50, free shpping. I should get it in about a week. I also went to Titlemma and ordered an Everlast 4200 for $20.00, $27.95 with shipping. Should get that about the same time. I also ordered this interval timer. I've been reading alot of good stuff about it. It's supposed to be awesome for tabata. Total spent thus far$75.35. We've given ourselves a $100.00 allowance each with our tax return. Obviously, mine's already spent. I'm also looking at getting the dvd Ong Bak 2 with Tony Jaa. The first one rocked! Can't wait for my new bags and timer!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Speedbagskater
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2010

After paying a late night visit to the Everlast site I just noticed that the Classic Pro Speed bags are no longer marked out of stocklike the have been for weeks now, this would include the XS 4x6 bags as well as their other larger bags too, not to mention there is a new video of the Speed Bag Skunk on the page too, I'm gunna call tomorrow to see if their just clearing out the warehouse or if they are starting the line up again, or maybe their just teasing us...

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Speedbagskater View Post
            After paying a late night visit to the Everlast site I just noticed that the Classic Pro Speed bags are no longer marked out of stocklike the have been for weeks now, this would include the XS 4x6 bags as well as their other larger bags too, not to mention there is a new video of the Speed Bag Skunk on the page too, I'm gunna call tomorrow to see if their just clearing out the warehouse or if they are starting the line up again, or maybe their just teasing us...
            Yes I saw that video of Skunk also and thought how strange it was that Everlast would post a video of Skunk using an "extra extra small" speedbag that they don't even sell, a red and blue pro bag that is no longer available, and hitting on a platform that doesn't look like anything everlast sells. But maybe they are bringing the pro bags back like you say. Everlast needs to do something about their bag selection.

Comment

• Speedbagskater
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by riqal View Post
              Yes I saw that video of Skunk also and thought how strange it was that Everlast would post a video of Skunk using an "extra extra small" speedbag that they don't even sell, a red and blue pro bag that is no longer available, and hitting on a platform that doesn't look like anything everlast sells. But maybe they are bringing the pro bags back like you say. Everlast needs to do something about their bag selection.
              I agree, I have an entire boxing gym set up in my basement, all of which is equipment from everlast, Uppercut bag, heavy bag, 6 different size and shape double end bags, medicine balls, gloves of all sorts, 2 speed bag tables, with about 25 bags or so of assorted sizes, and last is a workout station, all of this I might add is in the yellow and black colors from everlast, in a nutshell I'm a die hard everlast fan, but lately I'm starting to wonder if their getting ready to go out of business with the way their product line is going, I was a lil ticked off when I called them about a 4x6 speed bag that I only had for like 2 weeks when the bag just ripped apart, I have had bags fall apart in the past, but never that fast, I bought it at a Dick's Sporting goods, and didn't have the receipt, I was told their was nothing they could do about it, needless to say, I was not happy!

Comment

• Speedbagskater
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2010

I just talked to Everlast, turns out they have a bunch of XS bags left, 50 red and black, 50 black, and 300 black and gold... of corse they are still charging $50. a bag, but i'm sure over time they will hit the closeout page and be way cheaper, and your gunna have to call in your order instead of using the web, they have other size bags from that same series too... The item itself is still on the discontinued list... I told the guy that was a shame cause their are a lot of speed baggers out there who are pretty fond of the 4x6 bag, as well as a few of their other bags.... I ordered another 8 bags from the guy... I hate when a good thing comes along and then is gone forever... so I tend to buy in bulk.... or maybe it's the OCD thing, who knows!!

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Speedbagskater View Post
                  I just talked to Everlast, turns out they have a bunch of XS bags left, 50 red and black, 50 black, and 300 black and gold... of corse they are still charging $50. a bag, but i'm sure over time they will hit the closeout page and be way cheaper, and your gunna have to call in your order instead of using the web, they have other size bags from that same series too... The item itself is still on the discontinued list... I told the guy that was a shame cause their are a lot of speed baggers out there who are pretty fond of the 4x6 bag, as well as a few of their other bags.... I ordered another 8 bags from the guy... I hate when a good thing comes along and then is gone forever... so I tend to buy in bulk.... or maybe it's the OCD thing, who knows!!
                  Eight bags should take care of your speedbag needs for quite a while!

Comment

• Speedbagskater
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Feb 2010

Eight bags should take care of your speedbag needs for quite a while!
                    It would if I could keep my dad away from them, he barely ever goes to the basement, but when he does he hits what ever bag I leave hangin there... I have to post pictures of what he did to one of my bags, it looks like somebody stuck a grenade inside it... he might be gettin old, but he can still hit like a champ, I tried to tell him that why I have the bigger bags, the 8x5s and 11x7s and what not, but he never listens... ha ha

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      I'll be keeping my eye out for that one... please let us know when it hits the online site
                      Here is the new Title Platinum bag. It is very small. The 4x6 is literally 4x6 unlike the popular everlast bag. Fingers fist would dwarf the size of the 4x6 - maybe even the 5x7.

Comment

• Tim
                        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
                        Here is the new Title Platinum bag. It is very small. The 4x6 is literally 4x6 unlike the popular everlast bag. Fingers fist would dwarf the size of the 4x6 - maybe even the 5x7.

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html

Interesting. I like the sound of the dimensions. It must be close to that really small prototype Everlast bag skunk has in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OfeIqF3QUA

It seems like it's "slick", I've found bags like that to be not knuckle friendly, but I'll reserve judgement until i try one out.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Interesting. I like the sound of the dimensions. It must be close to that really small prototype Everlast bag skunk has in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OfeIqF3QUA

It seems like it's "slick", I've found bags like that to be not knuckle friendly, but I'll reserve judgement until i try one out.
                          I've also found "slick" shiny bags to be pretty cheaply made and ultimately don't hold up well. I recently bought a couple of the titleboxing Pro Gyro's, due to a few member reviews, and will wait to see how they react. I'm hoping they react like their distance gyro cousins from Everlast. I played with the idea of this new black and grey shiny bag but decided against it.

I also picked up a "bunch" of XS everlast black-yellow 6x4's, not because I like the bag that much, but I couldn't resist the price, which I can't list but was a steal for a decent bag. I've been hitting one of these lately and don't quite see the fascination for it is no smaller than the title classic 8x5 although it's a bit heavier. It has a deeper "thud" on the rebound but I attribute that to the material and weight.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html
                            LOL SpeedKilz!! i would like to test that out!!

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                              • Dec 2009

It is a slick - vinyl like cover. Going from memory the 5x7 is about the size of the bag Skunk was hitting in the video you posted. I haven't hit a bag with a covering like this but I can imagine I'd end up with rug burn like marks on my knuckles.

Comment

• riqal
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                                I've also found "slick" shiny bags to be pretty cheaply made and ultimately don't hold up well. I recently bought a couple of the titleboxing Pro Gyro's, due to a few member reviews, and will wait to see how they react. I'm hoping they react like their distance gyro cousins from Everlast. I played with the idea of this new black and grey shiny bag but decided against it.

I also picked up a "bunch" of XS everlast black-yellow 6x4's, not because I like the bag that much, but I couldn't resist the price, which I can't list but was a steal for a decent bag. I've been hitting one of these lately and don't quite see the fascination for it is no smaller than the title classic 8x5 although it's a bit heavier. It has a deeper "thud" on the rebound but I attribute that to the material and weight.
                                I have the Title pro gyro size 8x5 and it is nothing like the old everlast gyros. My title pro gyro is a decent bag, but it is heavy and a little too slow. The way the leather feels is nothing like the everlast gyros (4204, 4200).

Also, I too don't see the fascination with the current yellow and black size xs everlast pro. My black everlast pro size 6x4 that I bought several years ago is a different story, though. I bragged about that bag when I first got it, but on deaf ears I guess. The current 6x4 is decent, but you guys should of bought these bags several years ago and maybe all black.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...