Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sal76
    • Feb 2015

Hello Dutchman, I can not find Everlast 4207's, I wanted to see the images to make me an idea, but I can not find.
    On the first page I posted pictures of the bags, see if the last image Everlast 4207's and what have you.

Thank You
    Non cercate di prendere i poeti perché vi scapperanno tra le dita.
    Alda Merini

Comment

• Sal76
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
      you will find your personal bag after a time . its hard to say whatS a favorite bag because everybody likes something else . you cant go wrong with cleto or ringside black/white/red
      in my opinion . if u want a sweet bag get the fat ringside 6x9 from RP65 or a lonsdale peanut from UK
      Florian 380 Hello, thanks for your assistance
      It in fact imagine that for each of us the bag is subjective and personal, but I'm doing a kind of ranking for bags that are used more willingly
      Alda Merini

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

The 4207 was one of the three "institutional" bags that Everlast sold during the latter have of the Twentieth Century. They are the 4205, 4207,and the 4210. They were made of a high grade cowhide leather with welted seams. The primary market for these was schools, universities, hospitals,police depts, etc.F For what ever reason it appears that they sold more of the 4205 and 4210 model bags than the 4207. I have old catalogs that show these bags, however they are not easily in reach at this time. The 4207 was nearly identical to the 4208, the most obvious differences between the two is the grade of leather used, plus the 4208 did not have welted seams. The 4207 was slightly larger as well. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006VVHUU?...tclothi7325-20

Comment

• Sal76
          • Feb 2015

Thanks Dutchman for the info, very interesting
          Alda Merini

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

The Everlast 4205 is my favorite bag of all time. I also like small bags, but the 4205 is huge, and has a feel all its own. Well worth seeking out and they are hard to find.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              The 4207 was one of the three "institutional" bags that Everlast sold during the latter have of the Twentieth Century. They are the 4205, 4207,and the 4210. They were made of a high grade cowhide leather with welted seams. The primary market for these was schools, universities, hospitals,police depts, etc.F For what ever reason it appears that they sold more of the 4205 and 4210 model bags than the 4207. I have old catalogs that show these bags, however they are not easily in reach at this time. The 4207 was nearly identical to the 4208, the most obvious differences between the two is the grade of leather used, plus the 4208 did not have welted seams. The 4207 was slightly larger as well. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006VVHUU?...tclothi7325-20
              Here is a 1994 catalogue listing:

I dearly loved my 4210. And it is the Red Bag in all these pictures.
              Attached Files
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

That's it, thank you Alan

That reminds me I need to be on the lookout for a 4213 to add to my collection. I have to correct my self on few things, the 4210 did not have welted seams, it was the 4213. The 4210 and 4212 were the next level down, did not have the welting, and the 4208 and 4214 were the entry level bags, lessor quality leather and no welting. Once again thank you Alan for jolting my memory...
                Last edited by Dutchman; 02-11-2015, 09:33 PM. Reason: Adding information

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That's it, thank you Alan

That reminds me I need to be on the lookout for a 4213 to add to my collection
                  Yep, those old red everlasts were awesome bags, Fast or slow they were quality products. Rarely needed a bladder change, took a pounding and kept on rebounding. We may never see their likes again as quality has fallen prey to profit.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Sal76
                    • Feb 2015

Thanks guys for your opinions and especially for the history of these bags, I would want to buy them all to have a complete collezzione me too.
                    Please continue to write your bags or ideals that used more willingly that I put all on the first page: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6091
                    Alda Merini

Comment

• Sal76
                      • Feb 2015

Ok Ralph, thanks !!! Cleto Reyes bags mexican flag also added , in the first page: Page1
                      Alda Merini

Comment

• Sal76
                        • Feb 2015

Hello Dutchman; however the Everlast SPEED BAG 4207 are dangerous

Alda Merini

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Well for the record, that's a 4208, and anyone that steps into it after hitting it, well you just don't do it.

Comment

• paranday
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2009

Well for the record, that's a 4208, and anyone that steps into it after hitting it, well you just don't do it.
                            Umm, I think that was staged.

Comment

• Dutchman
                              Speed Bag Historian
                              • Jun 2006

Ya think, after how many hundreds of thousands of hits on YouTube?

Comment

• Sal76
                                • Feb 2015

Boys write, do you think the best bags that you are well.
                                So I do a ranking to the First Page.
                                Thank you all for your cooperation.
                                Ciao
                                Last edited by Sal76; 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM.
                                Alda Merini

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...