Can you enter times manually, and have a different sound to indicate the rest period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nova
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2009

Question Can you enter times manually, and have a different sound to indicate the rest period?

Firstly, thankyou very much for such an outstanding interval timer! It has already proven to be very useful.

I am wondering though, whether it might be possible to specify times manually, instead of from a list. There are a couple of times that would be useful to me that are not in the list, like 4 mins 30 secs, 5 mins 30 secs, and 11mins.

I was also wanting to know how to use the "Warn at During Rest" field because everytime I put a time in there and specify a Warn sound, the sound seems to clip out and become a clicking sound. Ideally I'd like to have a different sound play at the beginning or end of the rest, rather than just one sound indicating the start and end of the work set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by nova View Post
    Firstly, thankyou very much for such an outstanding interval timer! It has already proven to be very useful.
    Hi! Glad you like it.

I am wondering though, whether it might be possible to specify times manually, instead of from a list. There are a couple of times that would be useful to me that are not in the list, like 4 mins 30 secs, 5 mins 30 secs, and 11mins.
    The latest version (under testing - http://www.speedbagforum.com/timerbeta.html) does have an option for 11 minutes, but not 4 min 30 secs or 5 mins 30 secs. The reason I use a drop down is because it avoids having to write any validation code to make sure the value the user enters is valid. I can probably add in 30 sec options for 3 min 30 secs, etc.

I was also wanting to know how to use the "Warn at During Rest" field because everytime I put a time in there and specify a Warn sound, the sound seems to clip out and become a clicking sound.
    It actually is a click and sounds every 1 second until the end of the round or rest. It should sound whatever you've selected as the warn sound, then the display turns yellow (if during round - during rest the display stays red) and it will click every 1 second until the end or round or rest.

Ideally I'd like to have a different sound play at the beginning or end of the rest, rather than just one sound indicating the start and end of the work set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
    I'll look into putting that as an option.

Comment

• nova
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2009

Thanks Tim,

Thats great! Appreciate your help.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

If you go to http://www.speedbagforum.com/timerbeta.html you should now see 4 mins 30 secs and 5 mins 30 secs as options, as well as 11 minutes. You may need to hit REFRESH in your browser to get the latest.

The other change (allowing a selectable round end sound distinct from the start sound) will take a bit more programming.

Thanks Tim,

Thats great! Appreciate your help.
        You're welcome.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...