X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • operator3
    • Mar 2010

I would have to see it.

I'm pretty sure I've eliminated the float issue, stay tuned for more info.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
      I'm pretty sure I've eliminated the float issue, stay tuned for more info.
      That's great news, I'm still very interested in how your swivel hits without that extra eye-hook/s-hook joint. Could be a game changer. I noticed in one of Alan's slo-mo segments that that joint flexed when the bag was hit. Seems like wasted motion to me, that it should have stayed taut throughout the arc, but what do I know? Maybe it was a symptom, not a cause...

FYI, I should have said better mousetraps in my comment above -- plural. There's a pent up demand for something better is all I meant.
      Last edited by paranday; 04-12-2010, 03:19 PM. Reason: can't spell worth a pfennig

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

I have a feeling we may need that joint as it flexes when the ball-hook hits the housing!! and without it there may be undue strain on the bag loop especially with slimmer and smaller bags...but that said i am no expert this is just an observation!!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
          I have a feeling we may need that joint as it flexes when the ball-hook hits the housing!! and without it there may be undue strain on the bag loop especially with slimmer and smaller bags...but that said i am no expert this is just an observation!!
          The plot thins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• operator3
            • Mar 2010

*bigugly bear: 1
            *Biff: 2@ $16, or 3@ $15
            *Griffin: 1
            *spinsmashpop: 2
            *speedbag: 2
            *jimcaher: 2
            *Tim: 2
            *RenoRattler: 2
            *fingers: 1
            *sparrky37: 2
            *TJ_MaTee: 2
            that's 20!!... I want to give anyone else interested untill Friday to get an order in. BTW, I suggest for you guys to open a pay pal account if you don't already have one. It makes transactions much easier to track, and it makes sellers responsible for doing the right thing. I believe there is a 3% charge for pay pal fees tho. I would prefer to do business through pay pal, but I'm not gonna turn anyone down that has a check sent to me. Numbers are looking great! Were now at our lower price point!

Please make this easy for all of us by opening a pay pal account if you dont already have one.

As fAr as the single hook loop, there is always going to be a little flex. Best option would be to take advantage of it. No matter what angle you hit it from, there should be enough flex to get a good arc, and not make unwanted contact on the housing.
            Last edited by operator3; 04-13-2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• jimcaher
              • Feb 2010

Well it's happened. According to Titleboxing, Everlast has indeed discontinued the plastic swivel.
              Jim

Comment

• operator3
                • Mar 2010

Then it's time for me to find a new one, and make a mold.

Comment

• Griffin
                  • Jan 2010

I have an extra if you need it...

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Then we are all screwed.
                    Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                    Well it's happened. According to Titleboxing, Everlast has indeed discontinued the plastic swivel.
                    Jim
                    It's still listed on the everlast.com web site, as is the carabiner model. HOWEVER, Sports Authority is now only carrying the new Everlast U-Bolt instead of plastic ball hook. The plastic ball hook is disappearing from shelves as we speak. I bought the last two (in damaged packaging) at my local store this past week.

I believe it's dead and gone people

Then it's time for me to find a new one, and make a mold.
                    If you can't source one locally, let me know. I've got 4 or 5, some still in the package. I'll send you one.

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

I ordered 2 Everlast professional plastic swivels from NexTag, which shipped thru Amazon. What I received was 2 Everlast standard plastic swivels. The pro model was $13.50 and the standard model I think was $9.99. I really don't know what the difference between the two is. I guess, considering the current availability of Everlast plastic swivels, I should be happy. Anyway, I got a free Title MMA T-shirt with my order. After securing the hook inside the ball with Loctite and letting it set for 24 hours, I put the new swivel on the platform this morning and tried it out for a few minutes. From what little I know and my limited experience, it seemed OK to me.

Comment

• jimcaher
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        It's still listed on the everlast.com web site, as is the carabiner model. HOWEVER, Sports Authority is now only carrying the new Everlast U-Bolt instead of plastic ball hook. The plastic ball hook is disappearing from shelves as we speak. I bought the last two (in damaged packaging) at my local store this past week.

I believe it's dead and gone people
                        Well, I ordered two plastic swivels (with regular hooks) from the Everlast website and just received notificaiton that they had shipped. Despite what Titleboxing told me, apparently they are still available. At least for now.

Jim
                        Last edited by jimcaher; 04-20-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• operator3
                          • Mar 2010

ok guys, the time has come to put in the order. I went in there today to get the ball rolling, but they want money up front. So if you will, please send your payment to my pay pal account(eskougor@yahoo.com). As soon as payments clear, I will hand over the $ to the machinist so we can get these ordered. please add 3% to the total bill for pay pal fees, and $3 each for shipping. Also, please include your forum name as well as real name and address with your payment. That way everyone gets what they ordered.

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

ok guys, the time has come to put in the order. I went in there today to get the ball rolling, but they want money up front. So if you will, please send your payment to my pay pal account(eskougor@yahoo.com). As soon as payments clear, I will hand over the $ to the machinist so we can get these ordered. please add 3% to the total bill for pay pal fees, and $3 each for shipping. Also, please include your forum name as well as real name and address with your payment. That way everyone gets what they ordered.
                            To confirm, are we at the $16 each price level?

Comment

• crapshoot
                              • Apr 2010

I just got back from the Sports Authority in Deerfield (south of Lake Cook & Deerfield Rd.) and they have about 6 of the plastic ball swivels w/ the S-hook for $11-12. The set does come with the carabiner. By the way, why is the carabiner wider at the bottom than the top?

As to paranday's comment about wastes motion, there are 2 joints in the system so theoretically it should flex in 2 places: between the bag loop and the hook/carabiner/u-bolt and the hook/carabiner/u-bolt and the ball joint/bearing swivel. The only way to counter act that would be to have a shaft of some sort connected to the board w/ a ball/bearing and going directly into the bag. Didn't carnivals have similar attractions?

Comment

• operator3
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                To confirm, are we at the $16 each price level?
                                Yes sir, +3%, +$3 each for shipping.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...