X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avadia
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
    Thats funny.....Normal people who dont bag would think were insane....WE ARE!
    Statement of the year!

Now what was that about a Gold Series? I'm all ears . . .

Comment

• StevieMac
      • Oct 2010

Perhaps the gold series in the original one-piece design instead of the new two-piece? We need some spy photos!!

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

No this batch i almost got finished are all solid one piece still. Just a tad bit different dimensions. But they are gonna be very close to the original 20 that i put out before. The ones i am gonna tinker with after these are gonna be a little different. Probably gonna experiment with 5. Trying to do something a little different.....targeting the action of a smaller bag. Not all ball hooks need to be created equal. I am gonna fiddle around and see if i cant make the absolute fastest ballhook ever. Little hint....two toned colors....gold/black. Or maybe red/black (black widow swiv). 1" ball will be reduced to a smaller diameter with shorter arc. Not as "heavy duty" but specifically made for smaller bags. Trying to get as much action before the eye strikes the housing (maybe that will increase speed). Just gonna play around with a few and try em out.
        Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
        Perhaps the gold series in the original one-piece design instead of the new two-piece? We need some spy photos!!
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• toolboxdiver
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2008

No this batch i almost got finished are all solid one piece still. Just a tad bit different dimensions. But they are gonna be very close to the original 20 that i put out before. The ones i am gonna tinker with after these are gonna be a little different. Probably gonna experiment with 5. Trying to do something a little different.....targeting the action of a smaller bag. Not all ball hooks need to be created equal. I am gonna fiddle around and see if i cant make the absolute fastest ballhook ever. Little hint....two toned colors....gold/black. Or maybe red/black (black widow swiv). 1" ball will be reduced to a smaller diameter with shorter arc. Not as "heavy duty" but specifically made for smaller bags. Trying to get as much action before the eye strikes the housing (maybe that will increase speed). Just gonna play around with a few and try em out.
          they sound awesome keep us posted about the small bag ballhook, I may have to add another platform to the gym. hehehe

Comment

• StevieMac
            • Oct 2010

This idea has my

Comment

• jbouzis
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Dec 2010

Hello all. I have been getting questions about when the next batch is ready. Everything is about finished except for one delay. The radial ball turner i am working on is gonna be about 2 weeks still. I did all the lathe work then sent it out to get the mill work done on it (since i dont have a mill). The guy doing the mill work said 2 weeks! Bummer cause i almost got these housings done. Just letting you all know i havent forgotten about your pre-orders and your swivs are still coming.
              JC,

Sounds like a great swival - how can I order one?

John

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by jbouzis View Post
                JC,

Sounds like a great swival - how can I order one?

John
                Check your private messages...I already got ya on the list. Let me know private message if you didnt receive my message. Thanks!
                evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

I'm in for a Black Widow Swiv!

That's what I did with the modified swivel I have posted in my album on my profile page JC. I used the everlast chain link housing and gutted it. Then I drilled a brass ball (I got that from TommyT's post) and attached a 3/16" eye-hook through the ball with a nut on top of the ball. I did have to Ream some of my board to get a bit of clearance for the nut. However, the housing hole is the original size. Here is that swivel in action.

I also, made another swivel with the same size ball by dropping it into a 1" pipe flange and bolting it to my board. I don't have any picture of that. But it performs well. The total cost to make the plpe flange swivel was about $8.

I am a bit embarrassed to post these photos in comparison to the quality of your swivel, but maybe it'll give you some insight on your design. The smaller eye-hook wore out faster and the hook made for a long rebound radius which can be shortened with the S-hook or a zip tie (I got that idea from speedballdeano) as you have seen on my promex review video. So, those adjustments will help speed things up on any swivel. I hope this helps you out some. You might not have to decrease the size of the ball. If you just decrease the opening you may still achieve the same result due to the eye-hook bolt hitting the housing quicker and causing a quicker rebound effect. I am not sure, but it may.

Here is the swivel from the video.

Below you can see what the carabiner/spring-hook looks like after mega use. That's why I've gone to the zip-tie attached directly to the eye-hook and I've also just finished making a few leather strap bag attachments in different lengths in the fashion of aad03's. I haven't tried those yet.

I'm sure the "Black Widow" will be one quick rebounding swiv! Put me down for one JC.
                  Attached Files
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Wow! that carabiner is destroyed. u try puttibg a drop of oil there since its a friction point?
                    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Avadia
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post

I'm sure the "Black Widow" will be one quick rebounding swiv! Put me down for one JC.
                      JC, I'm also interested in your next gen faster swivel design. I love your first run swivel, but would also like to try something with a smaller, faster ball. I am still curious if there is a relatively easy way to incorporate ball bearings into your design. It seems like friction between the ball and the housing is the limiting factor on speed in the ball/hook design. Seems like ball bearings could reduce that friction and make it lightning fast.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

I'm preserving the S-hook for now

Wow! that carabiner is destroyed. u try puttibg a drop of oil there since its a friction point?
                        I'll be sure to do that when I switch back to the S-hook.

This is one I destroyed pre-Powermill days. Once I got the Powermill, I went zip-tie to the opened eye-bolt shortly after, to avoid ruining the new S-hook. Once I decide to put the S-hook back on I'll be sure to add that drop of oil. I used WD-40 often enough on that blown out carabiner and I thrashed it. I'd hate to see what speed bag Mike would do to it.....Shrapnel city.....Now, I'm using the 3 in 1 oil on the swivel ball as you recommended. With the zip tie I just blast away until it breaks and put on a new one.

I really like the quickness of changing out bags with the zip ties and the maintenance is nil.

Thanks for offering the opened eye-hook option.
                        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

I have tried WD-40 in the past and it seems to dry out to quick and it seemed to still have a "friction grind feel" to the moving parts. May be a little while till i start on the different smaller ball swivels. I am gonna check out different bearing races and see about maybe machining a pocket to seat it or press fit it in the housing (thanks Avadia). That would definately be a VERY smooth design. BAG ON!
                          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Check your Private Messages in about 2 days these should be ready.
                            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
                              JC, I'm also interested in your next gen faster swivel design. I love your first run swivel, but would also like to try something with a smaller, faster ball. I am still curious if there is a relatively easy way to incorporate ball bearings into your design. It seems like friction between the ball and the housing is the limiting factor on speed in the ball/hook design. Seems like ball bearings could reduce that friction and make it lightning fast.
                              Speedytommy is working on that idea. I wont interfere with his idea and design. His passion deserves a reward. Other people would try to cash in on others ideas....i wont do that.
                              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Avadia
                                • Nov 2010

Speedytommy is working on that idea. I wont interfere with his idea and design. His passion deserves a reward. Other people would try to cash in on others ideas....i wont do that.
                                That's cool. It was just a thought. I will look forward to seeing Tommy's design when it is released. This may just be the Golden Age of the Metal Ballhook.

I have a Jim Bradley Swivel headed my way as well, so it will be fun to compare.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...