• Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    Here's a pair of 4205s, See if you can spot the dead bag outta the two

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk
    It's a trick question. They are both fast.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Do you have a letter scale or kitchen scale to weigh them? I weighed mine and it is 8 7/8 oz.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Can you judge from this video which 4213 I have? Thick or thin?

-Rusty
        p.s. my left shoulder is bugging me today, so I'm a little off
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

It's hard to tell from a video If you have the lighter weight bag, in which it kinda looks like you do, Those bags are fast for that size. (They have a great bounce) Maybe I should post a short video of me hitting both
          That would be great. I definitely like this bag.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Large sized bag with a great rebound and feel.
            OK, paranday and bruce, I finally got myself a NOS 4205. Pristine and new, except for the musty smell of the storage conditions. I think it is a leatherneck ymca version from the 1984 Olympics stamp era. This sucker is big! But feels light, so I have high hopes. I have to find a big bladder and dress it before I share pics.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

Title, EverLast other vendors etc, do not set the shipping costs. The carriers do. I for one do not blame Title or any vendor for the cost of shipping to me. Just sayin'. For example: The USPS raises rates on stamps in order to buy more "Next Window Please" placards
              Last edited by REB; 03-04-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

I prayed to the boxing style gods. The bible style gods have been letting me down lately.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

I just rescued another pretty 4213 from the eBay black hole vortex.

Now I have 3 of the 1984 Olympics version. One with an original red plastic bladder, one with an orange Enkay/Title bladder, and one still undergoing cleaning and conditioning.

pics to come soon...
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

What do you use for cleaning and conditioning? And I saw that big ole bag too. I really want some smaller 4200s.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                      What do you use for cleaning and conditioning? And I saw that big ole bag too. I really want some smaller 4200s.
                      So far on the vintage bags I have bought, the leather and stitching were in pretty good to excellent condition. Just dirt and mold. So I use Lysol wipes to clean the bag, then a coat of mink oil paste before inflation, and another coat after inflation. Usually some new leather laces.

Occasionally the stitching on the piping around the next is loose or gone, and for that I simply use superglue to fix the piping to the panels.

-Rusty
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

Another 3 knuckleheads...

It is interesting that these 3 identical model and era bags have such differences.

-Rusty
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                          Another 3 knuckleheads...

It is interesting that these 3 identical model and era bags have such differences.

-Rusty
                          Good looking bags!. The middle one to me appears a little bit narrower than the two outside ones. The hanging loop on the one to the right, looks to be a little longer than the other two. That is all I can see different. Which tells me they were made by 3 different individuals, maybe?

Comment

• REB
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2017

...Your gonna get that with all brands, I had many Bumble Bee bags that were supposed to be the same size but they weren't, Also with the many Cleto Reys bags I had, and Fighting Sports and So on. You can get a certain bag and have good proportioned panels, Then order other of the same bag say 6 months later and have one panel lopsided, or the same bag will be bigger or smaller, But just because you might have the bag outta proportion or lopsided it should still hit good, Unless it's way outta whack, I have bags that are some what lopsided and hit fine.
                            I agree with you Ralph. My point was to say, that you have 3 bag makers all in a line next to one another, there are bound to be individual differences in each bag, due to how each individual's skill set is in how their particular bag is made. 3 individuals making the same project bag will bound to have differences. Not trying to make it sound like it is a bad thing

Comment

• Bag Man
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                              I've warmed up to these old big Everlasts: 4210s; 4213s and even the 4208s. (I'm not a bible style hitter.) The 4213s I have with the original Everlast bladders are very fast. The original bladder surviving intact is hit or miss. Some do, some turn to dust. I've replaced some with an Everlast latex bladder others with a Title orange. Don't notice much of a difference in bounce. I prefer the Everlast nipple design but the Title holds air just a bit better. Both work fine.

If the bag is really dirty I wipe it down with a Lysol wipe same as Rusty followed by a leather wipe such as Armorall or Weiman. If not too bad I just use the leather wipe. I then coat liberally with a leather conditioner such as Lexol and leave it in a plastic bag for a few days.

Bag Man
                              "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• rdshackleford
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Oct 2016

If you like the larger vintage Everlasts, you may like to try the 4205 and 4207 if you can find them. Both are big and tons of fun!
                                @ArcSwivel
                                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...