• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

EverGel Glove Wraps

hey everybody just wondering if anyone has these and what they think of them.

________
    Volcano vaporizer
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM.
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
    http://store.titleboxing.com/evergel-glove-wraps.html
    I have those handwraps in yellow. I only used them for about a month and the elastic wore off on them. Plus the padding was thin and unreliable. I hate to trash any brand, but I rarely buy Everlast products anymore for their lack of quality and durability. Just my opinion though...

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
      http://store.titleboxing.com/evergel-glove-wraps.html

Like HMP, I have the yellow ones. They are OK for easy heavybag work I guess, but I hated them for hard or fast punching. The gel "shifts" around in the glove and you can feel it moving, particularly on passing a fist through on the speed bag.

I haven't use them for over a year.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Clint
        • Apr 2007

I like them. Wrapping can be a pain. And pulling wrapped hands in and out of gloves so you can work different types of bags ends up pulling the wraps loose. Unless you want to go to the bother of tape.

I use a pair of Evergels that fits tightly. I pull the cross straps pretty tight but don't attach them to the little velcro tabs. I attach them inside the wrist wrap. This seems to hold the gel in place.

I agree with HMP about the Everlast quality. It can suck. But all the Evergels I've had have been ok.

Comment

• niceguy678us
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2006

Try the Century padded gloves (Academy). They have an extra little bit of padding that protects the middle row of knuckles which I really appreciate with my camo canvas heavy bag Everlast ones stop just above that row and I eventually rubbed my knuckles raw/bloody. I originally bought the everlast gel's but busted the stitching easily, it split right between the fingers. If it's got a flaw in it's design, I'll find it/break it, although I might be a little harder on my equipment than some.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
            • May 2007

Originally posted by niceguy678us View Post
            Try the Century padded gloves (Academy). They have an extra little bit of padding that protects the middle row of knuckles which I really appreciate with my camo canvas heavy bag Everlast ones stop just above that row and I eventually rubbed my knuckles raw/bloody. I originally bought the everlast gel's but busted the stitching easily, it split right between the fingers. If it's got a flaw in it's design, I'll find it/break it, although I might be a little harder on my equipment than some.
            I have the same Century gloves and have owned three other pairs through the years. They are tough, durable, and protect the fist and knuckles better than any like priced gloves. I've tried just about every kind of light glove and I've always fouynd myself returning to the Century bag gloves, coincidentally I'm due for a new pair. I've been looking at the windy bag gloves and the combat sports standard mma bag gloves. They're both about 40 dollars and appear to be well worth the price...

Comment

• SupergeZ
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2007

i wrapped my hands properly yesterday! yey but found it didnt give that much protection to my injured nuckle. i then wrapped then thai style where you fold up the handwrap 3-5 times lay it across the nuckles and then wrap. i found it offered AMAZING protection, i gud thump really hard stuff and didnt feel a thing! really glad coz now i know when i start training muay thai in the next week or so i wont be damaging myself!

i was tempted to buy some of the evergels prior to going but after these pretty terrible reviews i think ill stick to wrapping and try to master it

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                i wrapped my hands properly yesterday! yey but found it didnt give that much protection to my injured nuckle. i then wrapped then thai style where you fold up the handwrap 3-5 times lay it across the nuckles and then wrap. i found it offered AMAZING protection, i gud thump really hard stuff and didnt feel a thing! really glad coz now i know when i start training muay thai in the next week or so i wont be damaging myself!

i was tempted to buy some of the evergels prior to going but after these pretty terrible reviews i think ill stick to wrapping and try to master it
                In the beginning, you're working on learning the basics and proper form. You probably won't be doing a lot of hard hitting except for on a heavy bag. You'll probably be doing a lot of shadow boxing.

My point is, by the time you're really trying to hit hard, your knuckles should be healed up.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2007

hope so, been healing for months, and still got quite a while to go

Comment

• Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006

Don't do too much with it. The fastest way for it to heal is to let it rest and recover. I've learned that the hard way too many times.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Mar 2007

will do chris

just gota keep using it but to be carefull really, dont wana set the healing back anymore

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2008

I got 2 pair for my daughter to use at the college gym she hasn't got the hang of handwrapping yet lol so I figured she would use them more. I'm old school and use handwraps

Comment

I haven't used them, but i have a buddy who used them as heavy bag gloves. He used them for a few days and they tore to shreds, right down to the gel. I would not recommend them, but I guess for the price they are alright if you go easy.

Comment

• riqal
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Aug 2006

I recently bought a pair of the everlast gel wraps from walmart for about $10 cheaper than what Dicks sells them for. They are great. But they are not intended for use as heavy bag gloves. They are light bag gloves (speed bag or double end bag) or to be used in place of handwraps underneath bag gloves. Also, when taking them off, follow the guidelines in the directions and they will come off easily. If you have these gloves and they tear up because you are not using them as intended or did not follow the directions for use, then don't trash Everlast - blame yourself for not taking the time to read the directions or the product description.
                            Last edited by riqal; 05-23-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                              I recently bought a pair of the everlast gel wraps from walmart for about $10 cheaper than what Dicks sells them for. They are great. But they are not intended for use as heavy bag gloves. They are light bag gloves (speed bag or double end bag) or to be used in place of handwraps underneath bag gloves. Also, when taking them off, follow the guidelines in the directions and they will come off easily. If you have these gloves and they tear up because you are not using them as intended or did not follow the directions for use, then don't trash Everlast - blame yourself for not taking the time to read the directions or the product description.
                              Thanks for that tidbit Riqal, I was interested in those gloves when I saw them, I wouldn't mind giving them a try just to save time on handwrappping. However, handwrapping, though tedious, is a bit of an artform and meditation
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...