• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Pegasos View Post
    But then there is not much point, since the bag will move a lets say 20% less, attached to an elastic cord than it would with no attachment at all..

..not to mention that "rubber bungie cords" are another thing unheard of where i live!
    Any heavy bag connected to the floor is done so with a bungie, you use the bungie to absorb the shock from the punches. You will have problems with your heavy bag and the floor if you don't have somewhere for the energy to go.

Comment

• Pegasos
      • Feb 2007

It's alright, i found various sizes of such cords in ebay.. thanks

I suppose i should use a size cord that is a bit streched as it attaches to the (still) bag??

Or maybe it is better that it is almost loose when it attached to a (still) bag?

What is the norm?
      Last edited by Pegasos; 04-18-2008, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2008

It's alright, i found various sizes of such cords in ebay.. thanks

I suppose i should use a size cord that is a bit streched as it attaches to the (still) bag??

Or maybe it is better that it is almost loose when it attached to a (still) bag?

What is the norm?
        You want it slightly streched so it can absorb the energy, but not loose so the bag swings too much. Hope this helps and good luck

Comment

• Pegasos
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
          You want it slightly streched so it can absorb the energy, but not loose so the bag swings too much. Hope this helps and good luck

Cheers man, thanks for the advices.

Comment

• Pegasos
            • Feb 2007

... is there a special bungee cord for the job or any one can handle it?

Comment

• HobbyBoxer
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Dec 2009

Anyone actually uses these sand filled anchors?

I created a homemade one of about 65-70lbs weight (suggest filled anchor weight for a heavy bag)

,but it jumps around when i give a strong punch to the bag.

I m thinking that thank God i didn't use screws to anchor it to the wooden floor, it would have ripped it apart!
              Hi Pegasos,

A couple tips for you if you're up for 'em:

1. That's a beautiful floor (knotty pine?) and I would protect it at all costs. To do so, you might consider putting a soft rubber mat of some kind underneath the sand bag - perhaps a shower mat or a yoga mat or what ever you can dig up. It would protect the floor and reduce the anchor weight sliding.

2. As mentioned above, you'll want to swap out that bottom chain with one or more bungee chords or similar. I agree with the above comments by toolboxdiver and Kyle. You can also use a spring on either chain. Consider using more weight on the bottom if needed.

Good luck,

~HobbyBoxer~

Comment

• dbkman
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Aug 2010

With those weights attached the end of the punching bag, is there any risk of them snapping back at your legs from a full force front kick or side kick?

It would suck to have that weight swing down on your ankle or something like that...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...