X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 08speed3
    • Dec 2010

Double end bag Training

Anybody else train with the double end bag? I have two different bags. A 7 inch Everlast & a 5 inch Ringside. To mix it up more, I have 4 different Bungee cords. Which i change up every couple weeks. I usually run 2 bungee cords> But on occasion change 1 bungee to a rope. I usually dont use regular boxing gloves. Its either wraps or MMA type gloves. I noticed it was easier to hit the DEB bag with boxing gloves. I do about 3-5, 3 min rounds with 30 sec rest. Twice a week.
    Chime in let me know what is your workout regimen on the DEB.
  • Joe
    • May 2010

I love my DEB! I have a Fighting Sports bag that is secured with a combo of bungies and rope. I keep quite a bit of slack in it so it has a good deal of travel when I hit it. I don't really use it for a hard part of my workouts. Generally I use it as an active rest between sets or as one of my easier sets in a workout. I am physically unable to walk by it in my garage WITHOUT hitting it... its just fun.
    sigpic

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

Love thge DE Bag here is a video of my daughter hitting a 5 inch title

Comment

• RP65
        • Jan 2011

Keep that right up girl!
        Last edited by RP65; 03-16-2011, 11:26 PM.
        ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• Joe
          • May 2010

Man that 5" is tiny...! I have an 8" it it looks to be a much bigger target. I was considering trying one of the Mexican style DEB's . (First name CLETO if available... ) Anyone here use one of those? I have never tried one.
          sigpic

Comment

• 08speed3
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joe View Post
            I love my DEB! I have a Fighting Sports bag that is secured with a combo of bungies and rope. I keep quite a bit of slack in it so it has a good deal of travel when I hit it. I don't really use it for a hard part of my workouts. Generally I use it as an active rest between sets or as one of my easier sets in a workout. I am physically unable to walk by it in my garage WITHOUT hitting it... its just fun.
            I agree DEB is a blast to hit!

Comment

• 08speed3
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
              toolbox your daughter is great on the DEB!! thanks for sharing!
              Last edited by 08speed3; 03-17-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Allentown
                • Oct 2010

Is is faster with two bungee cords?

I use a rope for the top part and a bungee cord for the bottom part.

Comment

• 08speed3
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
                  Is is faster with two bungee cords?

I use a rope for the top part and a bungee cord for the bottom part.
                  Yes, It also depends how tight u make the bungee cord & the bungee cord itself. Two heavy duty bungee cords is really fast. Its a good change tho. Having it on the same tension gets boring. Mix it up & have fun!

Comment

• Hannibal
                    • Dec 2010

Toolbox did you buy that poor daughter of yours that hummingbird bag. Haha. That is what we politely named the one at our gym. With the right tension you can't see the dang thing!!!

Comment

• jumpcannon
                      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Wow....she's good on hitting that thing
                      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Toolbox did you buy that poor daughter of yours that hummingbird bag. Haha. That is what we politely named the one at our gym. With the right tension you can't see the dang thing!!!
                        Yea I use the larger title classic DE Bag I tried it and it's too fast for my old ass, she makes it look easy though

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                        Wow....she's good on hitting that thing
                        O Yea Jump she is very good thanks for checking it out

Comment

• Hannibal
                          • Dec 2010

have you bought a fighting sports DE yet Toolbox? I am in the market for a new one...Got enough speed bags for now..chuckles..Was looking at the ultra rebound from ringside or potentially just the ringside leather. Never used a title DE though. How do they match up? Oh and yes your daughter has hands of lightning. I was very impressed. She has a great jab and footwork. You should be very proud!!

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            have you bought a fighting sports DE yet Toolbox? I am in the market for a new one...Got enough speed bags for now..chuckles..Was looking at the ultra rebound from ringside or potentially just the ringside leather. Never used a title DE though. How do they match up? Oh and yes your daughter has hands of lightning. I was very impressed. She has a great jab and footwork. You should be very proud!!
                            never tried any of the fighting sports bags yet I would like to try one, but I bought the title classics and they are holding up pretty good. I would like a old tuff wear DE Bag I know my Tuff Wear Speedbag wears like IRON

Comment

• Heppsan
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                              Nice video!!
                              She have some dangerous kombos!
                              Is she fighting aswell?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...