• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duke57
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2016

Xmark commercial speed bag platform

XMARK offers a full line of home gym equipment for strength training, including functional trainers, barbells, free weights, benches, and more!

Anyone have any info on this? I need a freestanding platform for my home. This one is a bit pricey.

• Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

No experience with this one, although it seems that that the ones that are worth anything are pricey. Take the Balazs two station free standing unit
    http://www.balazsboxing.com/cgi-bin/...%20stands|UBS2.

The ones that the retail outlets sell have found to be lightweight and prone to a lot of vibration, which is bad for speed bagging. A lot of these can be found on Craigslist http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=11746383

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

If you are in a situation where a the only way to go is with a free standing platform, and are really serious about it the Prime Fighter 1000A Free Standing Platform is the way to go. http://www.primefighter.com/Products.html
      At $2700.00 it's not an inexpensive investment, but then again this is the Rolls Royce of free standing platforms. The only other ones that I've seen that are as stable where custom jobs for pro fighters at training camps, and I know that they cost considerably more.
      Now if you are handy with woodworking tools, a number of our members have built cages out of 4x4's that are very stable that just bolt together. Check out the video's of any of the Speed B.A.G. events to get an idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Duke57
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2016

Ordered it and assembled last night. This thing is HEAVY (over 200 lbs) and very sturdy. I installed the drum on the heavy bag arm side and left the arm off. Bag rebounds nicely. I have no excuse now.

Very nice construction. Only flaw was that one of the red screw handles was internally defective and I will need to find a replacement.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

I am not a fan of the X-Mark red knobs. I'm considering swapping them out with more comfortable star knobs. Ebay, Zoro, etc. have plenty to choose from.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Everything a guy could need!
            McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Duke57
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2016

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

But how are you going to roast marshmallows now?
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Duke57
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                  But how are you going to roast marshmallows now?
                  Have another just like it on the ground level floor. Its a rental house.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...