• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Cruising For A Ride

Take a ride with me

Last edited by Roc Stone; 01-18-2010, 02:59 AM.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Cool Roc! But you need to get some speed in your next vid!
    HAHAHA!
    So how fast (mph) are you going when you get it cooking?
    And how come you are the only one who is going that fast on a bike?
    RIDE ON!

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Roc, YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!

Good riding. Unlike you, I am a big wimp when it comes to tree shadows on the road that you were riding through. Many moons ago in CA I was riding through similar shadows on curvy roads and couldn't see the diesel fuel spill on the road. If no shadows, it sticks out, but the shadows camo it too much. It was a nightmare since then and I didn't ride for about 18 years. Now for the last 5 years I ride all year round in all weather, except ice.

Be careful out there.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Geez, During that whole trip not one Kaola Bear, Kangaroo, platypus, funnel spider or white shark.

I thought those things ran wild over there....

Last edited by Speedbag; 01-19-2010, 09:54 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Very nice, looks like fun. Biggest thing I've ever been on is a 250cc Honda. Once the kids get older and I have time for another hobby I'll probably get on a real bike.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
            Cool Vid!! I'll have to watch when I haven't had a couple! Lol. ............. Motion sickness Lol!
            Originally posted by atgatt View Post
            Roc, YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!

Good riding. Unlike you, I am a big wimp when it comes to tree shadows on the road that you were riding through. Many moons ago in CA I was riding through similar shadows on curvy roads and couldn't see the diesel fuel spill on the road. If no shadows, it sticks out, but the shadows camo it too much. It was a nightmare since then and I didn't ride for about 18 years. Now for the last 5 years I ride all year round in all weather, except ice.

Be careful out there.
            Or is it us Americans who are on the wrong side? I wish I had learned to ride! Hey atgatt , how's the dummy coming along?

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Geez, During that whole trip no one funnel spider

I thought those things ran wild over there....

Just don't tell my daughter about the spiders!!!!!! Leave it to me to have a kid who ABSOLUTELY LOVES SPIDERS!!!!!! GOD HELP ME!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• SpeedKilz
              • Dec 2009

Lol...nice! Took you all of 5 seconds to start passing slow moving traffic. I like your style!

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                //// Just don't tell my daughter about the spiders!!!!!! Leave it to me to have a kid who ABSOLUTELY LOVES SPIDERS!!!!!! GOD HELP ME!!!!
                Well that itsy bitsy spider might be one she wants to avoid.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2007

...You're crackin me up MD! Cheers man

To many big bad harleys for any natives to be out, but hey I'm on the critters side, I didn't wanna be near the harleys either.

I may have hit 100mph for an instant when I jumped those 4-5 harleys in 1 hit. I was being a little bit conservative around that pack cause I knew there were about 20 of them, they all pulled out from the same locale I took off from. I watch'm pull out about 10min before I left, they all appeared to be grandaddies. I was say'n to myself comon who's it gonna be, who's it gonna be and sure enough 1 of them had dropped his horse before he'd even got out of his parking spot.
                  Managed a quick stoppy as I pulled in behind the front running harley though.
                  Sorry Spin, no other taker for a hot ride that day and beleive you me, I looked.

Ya! those shadows do taint things a bit with those sun rays beaming through. Its a matter of knowing the road, but yer I agree its alway better to err on the side of caution in those situations.
                  sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Well that itsy bitsy spider might be one she wants to avoid.
                    Trust me Alan! She's all about the arachnids! She brings home books on a different species of spider every other week, whenever there's something to do with spiders on Animal Palnet or Discovery, she's glued to the set!! Had a loooong talk with her about the Funnel web beasty, she kept trying to compare it to the Black Widow and Fiddle Back, and after some talking and research on her part, she's knows more about it than I care to think about. Don't get me started on her fascination with the Bird eaters!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

...You're crackin me up MD! Cheers man

To many big bad harleys for any natives to be out, but hey I'm on the critters side, I didn't wanna be near the harleys either.

I may have hit 100mph for an instant when I jumped those 4-5 harleys in 1 hit. I was being a little bit conservative around that pack cause I knew there were about 20 of them, they all pulled out from the same locale I took off from. I watch'm pull out about 10min before I left, they all appeared to be grandaddies. I was say'n to myself comon who's it gonna be, who's it gonna be and sure enough 1 of them had dropped his horse before he'd even got out of his parking spot.
                      Managed a quick stoppy as I pulled in behind the front running harley though.
                      Sorry Spin, no other taker for a hot ride that day and beleive you me, I looked.

Ya! those shadows do taint things a bit with those sun rays beaming through. Its a matter of knowing the road, but yer I agree its alway better to err on the side of caution in those situations.
                      Ok ! Now I know I gotta sit and watch your riding vid!
                      sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

WOW! Loved "the ride' Roc! What a (virtual) RUSH! ...it brought back fond memories.

I used to ride a Harley (about 6-7 years ago) and my mate still rides. We have a 1990 Fatboy and a '95 Roadking. I'll try to dig up a picture or video to post online. The drive through your Aussie park reminded me of some of the rides I've been on here in the States.

(And, between you and me, most of these new-age Harley riders simply get in the way when they're on the road... just meandering down the hwy at 50 mpg... as though there's nobody else on the road.)
                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Bon Scott rules! Wait, Angus Young rules! No wait.....
                          They both rule hard!

Comment

• atgatt
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                            Or is it us Americans who are on the wrong side? I wish I had learned to ride! Hey atgatt , how's the dummy coming along?
                            :
                            metaldad, thanks for asking. Right now it is at a very popular boxing gym. The owner said as long as it stays there, I can go there for free. It is a mixture of boxing lessons mixed in with boxing aerobics, better known as torture. I'm the oldest person there and get in about 3 classes a week.

I modified the RBT so it can go on auto mode or the arms can be fired at any sequence by buttons. Last night I used it on 3 of the real boxers there and they really liked it. The owner asked if I could keep on using it on the boxers. At least one is a pro, some are golden gloves and some just more serious. Tomorrow night I'll use it on more boxers. Even with them, with the RBT at a lower speed, because it does not telegraph, they have trouble stopping it. You really have to be focused on the arms, if not, BAM!

Roc, I LOVE "Ride On" by AC/DC. Thanks for posting it.

MsDeville, a REAL bagger. Not only hits them but rides them. What a woman!

Comment

• atgatt
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

While were on AD/DC, why not play their best song ever!!!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...