• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by bagdaddy View Post
    Thanks Alan! I have your 2 Hr Training Video..."The Speed Bag Bible." I am currently nailing down the very first lesson. My challenge, I know, is going to be learning the terminology as well as the moves. But I'm in no hurry, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I want to make some platforms next year for the youth group at my church. I think it will be a good thing for them.

Alan, you have accomplished a great thing by giving these moves names and making the DVDs so that the rest of the world can study and comprehend them. I want to say from my heart...Thank You!

Bagdaddy
    Thanks, Bagdaddy. As I have said in the past, I did it all with the hope that there were people out there like you, that really would want to learn more about the speed bag than what some quick boxing interview showed them, and they would be willing to put in the time and effort if some form of equipment and training knowledge was available. Myself and another forum member (James Caher) that I know of had the very good fortune to stand by the side of a true master and learn directly from him. Not everyone is that fortunate.

as for the challenge of learning the language and moves, don't worry. This is not a race, but a journey to be travelled at your own speed. Myself and other forum members are just a few keystokes away from helping you however we can. We WANT YOU TO LEARN this to the best of your ability.

Originally posted by bagdaddy View Post
    ...I also want to say that this forum is without a doubt, the inspiration for me to speed bag as well as do what I can to further the sport. I think punch drumming is in it's infancy and is destined to become a highly sought-after skill by young and old alike. And it's going to be this forum that launches that movement...because of it's tasteful administration. I really. really appreciate the fact that no one here talks ugly, ridicules another or belittles in any way. There is healthy humor and banter on this forum as well as knowledge and information about speed bagging and punch drumming that cannot be found elsewhere. Thank you Tim for that!

Bagdaddy
    Yes, I agree and that is because of Tim's administration, as well as (I think) an unspoken respect among those who love and learn the speed bag. We all have dreadful mistakes and outakes on the cutting room floor, not shown in our posted video attempts. We also know that from time to time yet another member throws out an amazing combination that we had never seen yet, sending us off to our bags to attempt it ourselves, or pushes the punching speed limit beyond measure. I believe most of us truly respect each other and what we each bring under the board. It's a shared exerience.

In a short time the speed bag and it's unlimited rhythmic potential will be featured in major stage productions and musicals. One day the big screen will also allow it's true potential to be unleased. And we here on the forum will applaud.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• bagdaddy
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Yes, I agree and that is because of Tim's administration, as well as (I think) an unspoken respect among those who love and learn the speed bag. We all have dreadful mistakes and outakes on the cutting room floor, not shown in our posted video attempts. We also know that from time to time yet another member throws out an amazing combination that we had never seen yet, sending us off to our bags to attempt it ourselves, or pushes the punching speed limit beyond measure. I believe most of us truly respect each other and what we each bring under the board. It's a shared exerience.

In a short time the speed bag and it's unlimited rhythmic potential will be featured in major stage productions and musicals. One day the big screen will also allow it's true potential to be unleased. And we here on the forum will applaud.
      Well stated Alan!

Bagdadady

Comment

• bagdaddy
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        i love reading this stuff, very cool and good people on here with big hearts ;-) ...ralph
        Ditto from me Ralph!

Bagdaddy

Comment

• JanisPSimon
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2012

Hi to everyone here! Looking forward to learning and enjoying it here in this forum.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by JanisPSimon View Post
            Hi to everyone here! Looking forward to learning and enjoying it here in this forum.
            Yep, this place is really going to the bags....
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• elitebag
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2012

Leaving some time to do what you want is very important.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...