• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Arnold Sports Fesitval March 1-2 2007

Anyone going to this:
    The Arnold Sports Festival takes place in Columbus, Ohio on February 29-March 3, 2024 and will feature 12,000+ Athletes, 80+ Nations, and 50+ Sports & Events.

Maybe we can do a speed bag related meet up of some sort there... this is probably too short of notice, but maybe for '08 ?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Arnold Expo

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Anyone going to this:
    The Arnold Sports Festival takes place in Columbus, Ohio on February 29-March 3, 2024 and will feature 12,000+ Athletes, 80+ Nations, and 50+ Sports & Events.

Maybe we can do a speed bag related meet up of some sort there... this is probably too short of notice, but maybe for '08 ?
    The Arnold would be a really great show to see, particularly if you like bodybuilding.

Years ago I had thought about sponsoring an Expo Booth at the Arnold show, doing speed bag demonstrations, product sales etc. Unfortunately you can spend thousands of dollars on space, booth materials (rentals by local union agreements only...), furnishing, shipping, travel and lodging. The cost for that is really unbelievable. I did this at the "supershow", which used to be the largest sports goods industry convention/trade show in the USA. It never came close to being a good business investment or getting any viable return on that expense. AT least not from the crowd that attends that particular show. Of course, you get a lot of big name athletes and companies that see you, as well as some hollywood types, but they normally end up wanting Free Books and video's, and the ole "...we'll call you" that never happens. The supershow as a single entity has dissolved into several smaller regional expos for targeted part of the sporting goods industry. The internet made these types of shows obsolete.

The last few times I attended the national supershow I just went as a visitor and snuck into the Everlast booth to hit their Speed Bag.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

I absolutely would go if we want to have a meet. It's only a six hour drive for me.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Thanks for the insight on the expenses, we could meet somewhere in Columbus, not necessarily at the Arnold show... the thing I like about the Arnold sports festival is that it's a pretty eclectic mix of stuff... seems like a good fit for this crowd. I think it would help draw more people into our meetup.

Alan - are you still planning on being in Florida in the May/June 07 timeframe?

I propose we do a meetup somewhere (Orlando/Tampa/Sarasota) in FL this year, Columbus in 08, and maybe CA in 09
        Last edited by Tim; 02-03-2007, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Please keep us updated on the time and locations of the meets. I'll make it if at all possible.

I've got plenty of excuses to go to Florida since I'm from there. I've got a ton of friends and family I need to catch up with anyway.

FWIW, mid-to-late June is better for me because I'd prefer to bring my son with me for a little vacation. May or early June would prohibit that since he'll be in school.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Alan - are you still planning on being in Florida in the May/June 07 timeframe?

I propose we do a meetup somewhere (Orlando/Tampa/Sarasota) in FL this year, Columbus in 08, and maybe CA in 09
            USPRA Conference May 21-24

Do I plan to? Absolutely. Does the VA plan to let me.... not looking to good.

They are getting a little scrimpy on traveling funds, and I have attended this conference for six or seven years. They (my boss) is acting like someone else (probably her or some of her friends) need to attend. Actually, some of my newly hired staff will probably be sent.

But I'm holding out hope that I will get funded.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...