X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

What the?

This URL directs you to the forums, whats up with that?
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

[edit]

ur right billy, it does re direct you here :O

just tried it again and it worked
    Last edited by SupergeZ; 05-02-2007, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

weird
      ________
      DEPAKOTE HELP
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
        http://www.yourjobisgoingtoindia.com

This URL directs you to the forums, whats up with that?
        Just out of curiousity how did you figure that out? Google I guess?

It's an older domain I own ... from a previous forum. If I give it up some domain parker will take it and do those obnoxious click ads so I figured I'd point it here instead. At one time that site was mentioned in many high profile magazines (Wired, BusinessWeek, etc.) and newspapers (here and overseas) and did several million hits a month. It took me a long time to get that exposure make it that popular, no sense letting a domain parker reap the rewards. As you might guess from the URL, it was a pretty controversial site, which is where I honed my heavy handed moderating skills It nearly sparked an international incident at one point (long story I'd rather not go into) - partly due to lax moderation.

Other domains that point here are:

For those that don't know, Domain Parkers look for expiring domain names and buy them only to post pay per click style ads in the hopes of making money.
        Last edited by Tim; 05-02-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• BillyMack
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Just out of curiousity how did you figure that out? Google I guess?
          You've been hacked!!

Just kidding...ya, Google...you might remember a few months ago the forums were not coming up at all under Google...today I tried to search "speed bag forums" and the following description was the first response:

"Examines the effect of globalization on IT careers, offers forum, FAQ, book and website reviews, and career help."

But I clicked on the link and it brought me here.

Basically, I keep a shortcut to the forums on my browser bar but whenever my boss comes for a monthly visit I delete all my non-work shortcuts then use the search find them again....

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
            You've been hacked!!

Just kidding...ya, Google...you might remember a few months ago the forums were not coming up at all under Google...today I tried to search "speed bag forums" and the following description was the first response:

"Examines the effect of globalization on IT careers, offers forum, FAQ, book and website reviews, and career help."

But I clicked on the link and it brought me here.

Basically, I keep a shortcut to the forums on my browser bar but whenever my boss comes for a monthly visit I delete all my non-work shortcuts then use the search find them again....
            You could always copy you shortcuts and save them to a well hidden folder when the boss comes around and then copy them back to the i.e. folder in documents and settings if you use i.e.

It's not that easy in Firefox though.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...