X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashe
    • Jun 2007

hello and thanx...

first off i would just like to thank tim and everyone here for such a great resource!

i think the atmosphere here is great. i've been lurking for a few days and i see a lot of "positiveness" going on.

so anyway...

my name is ashe and i have been practicing chinese martial arts for the last 6 or 7 years. for those of you who don't know, saying "chinese martial arts" is how the kung fu geeks get respex.

i'm currently training for my first san da match next month. (san da means "free fighting" in chinese and i'ts basically full contact kung fu... it's kinda like 3/4 mma . more take downs than thai boxing, but no ground fighting). here's a link if you've never seen a san da match;

cung le exhibition match

anyway, here's a few links to check out and see where i'm coming from

training highlights

me on the news, short overview of the art

workshop clip

i've done too much strength work over the last few years, and so i'm sure you'll notice i'm a little stiff at some points in these clips.

recently i've started working a lot more with pads and the bags, working to become more fluid and bring out the explosive force. (which is why i'm here... looking forward to learning a lot from you guys).

so, to wrap up, while i think there will be some differences in the way i approach my training compared to some other people here, i'm still looking forward to learning how i can get the most out of my new tools!

thanks again!
    Last edited by ashe; 06-25-2007, 02:55 AM.
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

hey man, welcome to the forums! nice vids btw

i did lau gar kung fu for about 5 years but stopped going a while back, now starting Muay thai kick boxing and love it!

Comment

• ashe
      • Jun 2007

hey thanks!

here's another really nice clip of my Sifu and some of the students in Russia

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...