• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Petticoat pugilists

Brief article here:

Petticoat pugilists: Vintage pictures show female prize fighters who would slug it out in the ring in full Victorian dress
    Attached Files
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Those are some HUGE bags. lol
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Ahyup, that they are.........

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        Those are some HUGE bags. lol
        Much more for power than speed.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Don't I know it! Also impossibly long to do Bible style, unless you are 7' tall or built like an orangutan. But if you use them boxing style, wow you feel the burn in your arms, triceps especially, after just a few minutes.

We talked about my big Everlast ymca bag at the gathering. I had forgotten the actual size and proper name. It is the 4205 Leatherneck Y.M.C.A and is 13"x10". In the 1994 catalog pages I've seen posted on the forum, that bag was Everlast's most expensive speedbag at the time, costing $80.00. For its size, it is a surprisingly light bag and very well made.

@ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

If any bag deserves to be put back into production it is the Everlast 4205.

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            Don't I know it! Also impossibly long to do Bible style, unless you are 7' tall or built like an orangutan. But if you use them boxing style, wow you feel the burn in your arms, triceps especially, after just a few minutes.

We talked about my big Everlast ymca bag at the gathering. I had forgotten the actual size and proper name. It is the 4205 Leatherneck Y.M.C.A and is 13"x10". In the 1994 catalog pages I've seen posted on the forum, that bag was Everlast's most expensive speedbag at the time, costing $80.00. For its size, it is a surprisingly light bag and very well made.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...