Gyro Balanced - what does it mean and does it help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paco
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2007

Gyro Balanced - what does it mean and does it help?

Hello Everyone,

Some Everlast products have this mention : " Gyro Balanced "

What does it mean ? When I look this product with some other I don't see any difference, so...
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I don't know specifically, except to say it sounds very scientific and whatever it means, it could add a subliminal message to the buyer of "high quality" because it appears on the product.

Lately, it seems that speed bags carrying the "gyro balanced" wording have had inconsistent shape and rebound problems.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Paco
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2007

Yes, that true and It's one of the reason I bought this model, thinking it was very different. And yes it was very different but not like I was thinking...

Speedbag, have you ever tried one of these new models, are they differents than the older gyro balanced speedbag or these models always be like this since the beginning ? ( Soft and unpredictable )

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Paco View Post
        Yes, that true and It's one of the reason I bought this model, thinking it was very different. And yes it was very different but not like I was thinking...

Speedbag, have you ever tried one of these new models, are they differents than the older gyro balanced speedbag or these models always be like this since the beginning ? ( Soft and unpredictable )
        In all honesty, NO, I haven't spent much time with the newer models. I have hit some of them "a little", at other places, but I can't say I own them. I have a few of the "gyro balanced" 9x6 4200's, from years ago, and they hit very nicely, particularly after the red plastic welt (seam) is beaten flat, but these newer versions I don't own. I've got lots and lots of speed bags, so I don't really need to purchase any more of them, but other board members seem to like the newer versions. I have to admit, I really like the shape of these, and the small bag loop attachments.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I've got one of the newer 9x6 Everlast 4200 "gyro-balanced".

Advantages
          It's got a really "springy" rebound. It rebounds more crisply than the other bags I have... maybe that's the gyro balancing?

Really short loop at the top. The last thing I want is a 9x6 bag with 2 inches of loop at the top...

Disadvantages

Heavy - it's on the heavy side for its size, weighing as much as a title 10x7 bag (8oz). It gives a good workout, but it feels like a lot of wear and tear on the shoulder joints too.

Leather - the leather has a plasticy feel to it. I personally prefer the softer leather of Title or Ringside Top Contender bags

The seams - they manage to catch my "funny bone" on a variety of elbow strikes and generally shred knuckles. I haven't hit it enough to beat the seams into being flat yet.
          I really don't care for hitting with gloves or wraps, I suppose that would fix this problem.

That being said, it feels like a very durable bag and would probably last for years and years under heavy use.
          Last edited by Tim; 11-19-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Check out the last 30 seconds of this clip:

It shows the Everlast 4200 in action.

Comment

• Paco
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2007

It's seems that the Everlast 4200 is not the most efficacious. This guy fight to keep the control ! When I see this video, for sure I will prefer to buy the Title 8*5 ( yellow ), "fast and easy".

Thanks for this link Tim !

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

It's seems that the Everlast 4200 is not the most efficacious. This guy fight to keep the control ! When I see this video, for sure I will prefer to buy the Title 8*5 ( yellow ), "fast and easy".
                That guy is me

Don't read too much into my inability to keep it going straight... the seams throw me off. I don't use that bag much. If I used it every day I'd be better with that one. It's a good bag.

Comment

• Paco
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Nov 2007

Oups ! Sorry

But for sure you are more confortable with the Title 8*5 than the Everlast 4200, and with the same time training you probably will have better result with the Title than the Everlast, isn't it ?

Tim have you ever try some Jim Bradley's speedbag ?

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

But for sure you are more confortable with the Title 8*5 than the Everlast 4200, and with the same time training you probably will have better result with the Title than the Everlast, isn't it ?
                    I personally prefer the Title bags over almost anything else. I'm going to get a new title 8x5 and 9x6 for X-mas. You can't tell in the video but the yellow one is pretty beat up from much use.

Tim have you ever try some Jim Bradley's speedbag ?
                    I have not... they don't sell them here in the states (as far as I know) so I haven't had the chance to pick one up yet.

Comment

• Paco
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Nov 2007

Tim, what is the most important difference between the professionnal Everlast speedbag 8*5 ( http://store.everlastboxing.com/ever...peed-bags.html ) and the Title 8*5 U use ?

It's seems that JimBradley sell and ship their products all over the world. I have sent an email few days ago, waiting for the shipping price for my country. As soon as I have the answer, for sure I will tell to you. ( all their prices are in Australian dollar ).

Sorry again Tim for my clumsiness !!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...