X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbally
    • Jan 2013

Jackson, Wyoming Tetons

Was presenting a paper to the Energy Council in Jackson Wyoming last week. Tossed the Vrod into the trailer and hauled it along figuring I could get some riding in during the down time

Road the Tetons and around Yellowstone Lake in YNP. Tons of fun a lot less traffic this time of the year.

But the real story was coming back.... stopped for fuel and it was just pouring out with mixed snow and just plain torrential rains. Noticed a 1200R motorbike at the pump next to me. Walked in to the store to take a leak prior to heading out again and notice a poor frozen German guy, asked him how far he was going. Got the tale of woe and half frozen, probably stuck here for the night deal. Asked him where he was headed... Grand Junction Colorado~~~

Asked him if he wanted to load the bike up in my trailer as I was going to junction as well. One happy German.

178 miles later one happy German at the Motel 6 was unloaded. Forded to mudslides over Douglas Pass had rain the entire ride and snow and sleet......

Tried to pay... not a chance I would take the poor guys money

Sent him off with my map since he did not have one and had him get off the highway and ride the Million Dollar hwy over Red Mountain Pass the next day when it cleared. He was so impressed with the ride he came back over the pass and purchased a gopro so he could film it..... tourists!
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...