Really small bags... any good? 6x4 and smaller...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eoneel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2007

Really small bags... any good? 6x4 and smaller...

Hey everyone, I was looking to get the smallest speedbag I could find and between these two I think I have found it. I saw Speedbag skunk hitting a grant 6x4. That thing was little! I want to get one, could someone tell me if this is the same Grant 6x4 speedbag in this link because I don't see a dimension on it. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

• Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I haven't seen them side by side... I can tell you that grant bag is *SMALL*

I've only seen the rival on video.

Honestly either is probably as small a bag as you would ever want. I'm not sure if the link is the one that Skunk has... you could e-mail their customer service and ask.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by eoneel View Post
      Hey everyone, I was looking to get the smallest speedbag I could find and between these two I think I have found it. I saw Speedbag skunk hitting a grant 6x4. That thing was little! I want to get one, could someone tell me if this is the same Grant 6x4 speedbag in this link because I don't see a dimension on it. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22629
      I would say it is the same one. The Grant bag that Skunk is hitting was purchased from Ringside Boxing. It was a 6x4, and very small and light. In action, it wasn't that much fun to hit. A cool little novelty bag, but for elbow strikes, particularly downwards, it was very difficult to use.

But you may love it. I just didn't care for it's action.

Like Tim, I have not seen or had hands on a Rival 6x4.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

You better be sure that you really want a bag that is really small and very lightweight before you spend a lot of money. If you don't think that you'll like the feeling of hitting air, you won't like the bag. I have a 7 x 4 top contender that is so light that I don't enjoy hitting it. I am gonna put it on a kiddie platform that I am making for my 3-year-old son. Otherwise, I regret wasting the money.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
          You better be sure that you really want a bag that is really small and very lightweight before you spend a lot of money. If you don't think that you'll like the feeling of hitting air, you won't like the bag. I have a 7 x 4 top contender that is so light that I don't enjoy hitting it. I am gonna put it on a kiddie platform that I am making for my 3-year-old son. Otherwise, I regret wasting the money.
          ...and that's the truth. I Couldn't agree more about trying to find THE smallest bag.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
            I have a 7 x 4 top contender that is so light that I don't enjoy hitting it.
            Don't give up on the 7x4 too easily ... I didn't like mine at first either. It's depressing to go from hitting well, to downright crappy with a mere bag change. But that is the nature of going to a significantly smaller bag. Give it a chance, you'll adjust your timing and you'll be hitting it well before you know it. When I first got the 7x4 I put 2 solid weeks of extensive use of it before I started to feel comfortable with it.

I dusted off my 7x4 top contender (haven't used it in about 9 months) and hit for about 30 minutes tonight. The first 20 minutes was pretty depressing. I was ready to take it down and put the 8x5 back up within the first 5 minutes... but don't give up too easy on these smaller bags... once your timing adjusts you'll be hitting it nearly as well as a bigger bag.

Comment

• eoneel
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2007

I have a 6x4 everlast bag that I got a while ago that I really like, but it is a great deal bigger than the rival and grant 6x4 bags I have seen from the videos on youtube. I went ahead and asked Grant's customer service about the bag they are selling online that says "small" and they told me that it was a 5x8 bag. So after actually seeing the size of the Rival bag today on youtube and a few pictures here on the forum, I decided to go ahead and get the Rival 6x4 bag. I can't wait to hit one of those tiny bags! I am always up for a good challenge. Also I am hoping a smaller bag will be a little less noise, maybe not but no biggie if so. Hey thanks for all the knowledge and advice everybody has shared with me. It is highly appreciated.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by eoneel View Post
                Also I am hoping a smaller bag will be a little less noise, maybe not but no biggie if so.
                It will definitely make less noise than a bigger bag...

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Don't give up on the 7x4 too easily ... I didn't like mine at first either. It's depressing to go from hitting well, to downright crappy with a mere bag change. But that is the nature of going to a significantly smaller bag. Give it a chance, you'll adjust your timing and you'll be hitting it well before you know it. When I first got the 7x4 I put 2 solid weeks of extensive use of it before I started to feel comfortable with it.

I dusted off my 7x4 top contender (haven't used it in about 9 months) and hit for about 30 minutes tonight. The first 20 minutes was pretty depressing. I was ready to take it down and put the 8x5 back up within the first 5 minutes... but don't give up too easy on these smaller bags... once your timing adjusts you'll be hitting it nearly as well as a bigger bag.
                  Thanks, Tim. I'll give it another chance, and I'll see how it goes. But even if I adjust my timing, it will still feel like hitting air. Right now, my favorite bag is the everlast pro 8 x 5. It moves fast, I can really feel the impact, and I get a good workout with it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...