X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Sounds like it wasn't really his to sell.

Comment

• mandirigma44
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Dec 2017

want one of these someday!

really like the design of this, was talking with machist I work with about possiblity of building a worm drive with acme screw and bearing, turn it up and down with a battery operated drill, just thinking I'd have to add more steel above my drum that is 42" in diameter and 2 inches thick.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

FYI, when Narrangansett folded, Everlast bought the parts inventory and the patterns for making the platform. They were selling them up into the 1980's, the chief differences being that the circular opening in the frame that held the "NMC" was blank, and they eventually changed the hand wheel crank to one that was connected to the drive shaft with a universal joint. These were the institutional and pro platforms from the 1950's well up into the turn of the 21st century. We should start seeing some of these coming on the market soon.

Comment

• mandirigma44
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2017

would like to find one. I remember one of the old boxing clubs I sparred at they had one. Saw a Valor platform with a acme type screw mechanism and crank

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...