• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocRock
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2018

Forza Swivel Ball Hook doesn't line up with my other's

Just a quick question. I have a few platforms and I have a few swivels. Just got the Forza Ball Hook and it does not line up with my other swivels and don't really want to drill new holes. Has anyone else found that to be the case?
    “My success is not about wealth and fame. I am most concerned with my relationship to God, which is the most important.” – Manny Pacquiao

“With God, hard work and focus I can accomplish what is ahead of me.” – Manny Pacquiao
  • JoMan
    • Nov 2016

I've had about 5 different types/brands of swivels - including Forza - and they always line up

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DocRock View Post
      Just a quick question. I have a few platforms and I have a few swivels. Just got the Forza Ball Hook and it does not line up with my other swivels and don't really want to drill new holes. Has anyone else found that to be the case?

galaxyboxing.comManny@galaxyboxing.comGalaxy Boxing and MMA650 N Walton AveYuba City CA 95993Located in the heart of Yuba City, Galaxy Boxing and MMA Gym is ...

That depends on where your "few swivels" are from. I can't get much information on that First Rate boxing gear, however maybe their swivel holes are not set apart on the standard size?

Pro Fight Shop is the industry leader in manufacturing Fight Goods & distributing Boxing Equipment, Pro Punching Bags, Boxing Heavy Bags, MMA Gear, Martial Arts Equipment Boxing Shoes, Hand Wraps, Headgear, Pro Boxing Rings, Jiu Jitsu Rash Guards, Boxing Gloves, BJJ Gis, Professional Boxing Gear, Groin Protectors, Jump Ropes, Punch Mitts, MMA Cages, Pro Wrestling Rings, MMA Shorts, Mixed Martial Arts Supplies, & Professional Fight Gear

A "SWIVEL" for $150.00 !!?? seriously??!

Originally posted by JoMan View Post
      I've had about 5 different types/brands of swivels - including Forza - and they always line up
      Same here. Never had a problem but....

A long time ago I think there was a Ringside swivel that had the holes a bit closer, on a smaller base, but it disappeared from their catalogue years ago.

(PS: I picked up a couple of Forza's just because.....)
      Last edited by Speedbag; 05-17-2018, 08:31 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DocRock
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2018

I didn’t check on my first rate platform. It’s my rogue platform that I changed out a month ago with the Everlast ball hook. It fit fine in the previous holes. But this forza is smaller? I’ll post pics tomorrow. I own 4 swivels. 3 of them have the same hole pattern. The odd one out is the forza. So I’m a bit confused.
        “My success is not about wealth and fame. I am most concerned with my relationship to God, which is the most important.” – Manny Pacquiao

“With God, hard work and focus I can accomplish what is ahead of me.” – Manny Pacquiao

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

The odd one out is the forza. So I’m a bit confused.
          Different companies make things differently. I hear ya though, I wish they all agreed on one base size
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• DocRock
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2018

So here are some pics of 4 of the 5 swivels I own. It's like the old Sesame Street or Electric Company one of these is not like the other. 4 of my Swivels are exactly the same hole pattern (I don't have the First Rate pictured but it is) The Forza is the only one different. I know everyone has said they have always lined up with the Forza but not mine. I am new to this so maybe I just bought the wrong swivels before the Forza. But here are the pics so you can see.
            Attached Files

Comment

• DocRock
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2018

here is another
              Attached Files

Comment

• DocRock
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2018

here are the four
                Attached Files

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

So here are some pics of 4 of the 5 swivels I own. It's like the old Sesame Street or Electric Company one of these is not like the other. 4 of my Swivels are exactly the same hole pattern (I don't have the First Rate pictured but it is) The Forza is the only one different. I know everyone has said they have always lined up with the Forza but not mine. I am new to this so maybe I just bought the wrong swivels before the Forza. But here are the pics so you can see.
                  Wow, looks wrong.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

you will just have to repair the old swivel base screw holes. Get a 3/16 wood dowel. Trim a piece of dowel to fit 3/4 inch depth of the screw hole. Then top it off with wood putty. You can then sand the dried wood putty to smooth and dab some wood stain on the 4 repairs. This is the easiest and cheapest way I know of. Put your Forza up and soon you wont even notice the repairs

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Well....I have to eat a little crow here. I now have 4 of the newer Forza's (used to be the MMA swivel when it first came out) and I can attest that the Forza holes do NOT align with the other bases. Any TWO holes next to each other will align, but the holes directly across from these will be too short and only cover half of the normal base swivel holes. I've tried this with 15 or so different swivels (I have a few...) and they are all a tad short AND the screw holes are also smaller.

I can make it fit on my board only because I had drilled my holes a bit larger to accommodate some irregular bases that are a normal part of production, AND the early Deville model was also a bit off, (but fixed in later editions).

I drilled my holes all the way through the board so I can put bolts through and put washer & nuts on top, and I have several size bolts to allow for different size "screw holes". Also, On my "outside boards" (2 in my garage) I have several "sets" of holes in one of the boards (can't remember which) because they are old timey presswood and get "reshaped" easier than wood, ....SO I drilled a new 4-hole set in between my old holes, leaving 8 holes in the center for attachment. Because of some holes being wider and worn more, I could fit my first "MMA" swivel (Forza) on that board by forcing a few bolts through "at an angle" and use a gently use a hammer for persuasion. The bolt was through at an angle but worked.

I don't think I can attach a Forza to my inside board via the four holes I have. Two will fit, two will not, .....SO the easiest fix for me would be to Simple Rotate the Forza so the holes are inbetween the others and just drill them out. I also wish the screw holes were larger to accommodate thicker bolts or screws. Oh well. Other than that it is an amazing Ball hook swivel!.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

Do you have any suction with Forza? Maybe you can find out why they used a new hole pattern. Surely, it would be in their interest to use a standard hole pattern if they are selling individual replacement swivels. Maybe they are not aware of the issue yet.

-Rusty
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                          Do you have any suction with Forza? Maybe you can find out why they used a new hole pattern. Surely, it would be in their interest to use a standard hole pattern if they are selling individual replacement swivels. Maybe they are not aware of the issue yet.

-Rusty
                          Not sure about how much "suction" I have, but I can ask if there was any design change. The creator/seller is a speed bag fan but not a speed bag user.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

Yeah, that is what I meant by suction. Been watching The Wire again.
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              Not sure about how much "suction" I have, but I can ask if there was any design change. The creator/seller is a speed bag fan but not a speed bag user.
                              John Reynolds, right? He made the Swiveltek also, right? The holes didn't line up on the Swiveltek either.

-Rusty
                              p.s. I saw a vid of John using a speed bag. Probably better than me.
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...