• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USMCBay
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2009

Here's how I hung my HB...

See att'd photos...

That's Electrical Unistrut with a 4" shackle pin I cut down to about 1.5 inches... greased and works great to get it out of my way... Lag bolted it into my joist.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by USMCBay; 01-01-2010, 12:55 AM.
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

how heavy is that bag?

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's cool. You can probably tell if you are pushing too much if the bag moves side by side too.

Comment

• USMCBay
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2009

It's an 80 I believe... sure feels like a 100lbs... I probably lean and hold it more than anything - Ha ha...

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

cool looking setup. man after looking at that mine is boring, haha

Comment

• poppabrutus
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2009

That is very cool. It seems like a good solution for saving space, and simulating a retreating opponent as it slides on the track.

I had a similar set-up at a previous home. I found a length of overhead door track at a hardware store that I mounted to the exposed trusses in my garage. I then mounted the heavy bag to the slider designed to hold the garage door. It worked great, and I liked the movement.

Do you incorporate the bag movement in your workout, or was your motivation primarily for moving the bag out of the way when finished?

Comment

• biguglybear
              • Mar 2010

Cool idea, but do you find the bag slides too much when you hit it?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...