• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
    ...Man the light bags love this swivel. Just insane speed!
    That is good feedback, thanks. Most of my bags are heavy, old school style speed bags. And they really love the Arc Swivel too.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• dad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2018

Thanks

Tom, sorry I did get back to you sooner, received package late the 24th I was
      busy cooking for Christmas. Hope you had a great one.
      Installed it last night, once I got it through the eye bolt (5min) it all went together real easy and slapped it around a bit, I say slapped it because I not allowed to do any punching for another week or two had a detached retina and still have a gas bubble in there but this sure looks and feels real good.
      Thank you again
      I'll keep you posted

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Since you have a detached retina and are making your own swivels, please please please take extra precautions against the bag coming loose and bouncing back at your head. Maybe stand on the side of the platform. Or, maybe hang a towel or carpet scrap from the platform that will act as a backstop and keep the bag from ricocheting back at you. How about some safety goggles or a hockey mask?

If you don't change bags much, maybe glue the clasp on the tri-hook so the clasp can't come off.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

We have a situation brewing. One of our Arc users, who shall remain nameless, alerted me to a problem he was having with damage occuring to the Arc swivel. OMG! I know, right? I was having trouble believing it as well. Until I saw some pictures...

More details to follow, but until then, let me restate that NO LUBRICATION is needed on the Arc swivel. Just like in life, if you try it, it may work out or it won't work out. Your guess is as good as mine on this one. If anyone has Arc + lubrication info to share, please do.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

If anyone using an Arc has experienced any electro-static discharge (static electricity) when touching the Arc or the mounting screws during or after a bagging session, please let me know.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

How on Earth could the two be associated? No, I haven't experienced that.. yet? Has it happened to you and can you pin it to bagging on the Arc? Is your bag room carpeted? Curious
              Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                How on Earth could the two be associated?
                What two are you referring to? Lubrication and electro-static discharge? If so, the former is flammable and the latter is an ignition source.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

[/QUOTE] "static electricity" Sounds like getting a little jolt like when you walk around on carpet with socks, shake your friends hand and he gets a tiny electric shock. Or like some clothes right out of the dryer.. If I read your post wrong, my apologies. MR. grouchy pants

Both my arc swivels on two different platforms operate as they should and get hours of weekly use with no issues whatsoever. Although when the first one came I lubricated the ball just as a little experiment. The next day I cleaned it up like new.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

...Both my arc swivels on two different platforms operate as they should and get hours of weekly use with no issues whatsoever...
                    here here!
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

What sort of jackass would lube a piece of equipment that was advertised from the get go that no lube is needed?!?! I for one certainly have no need to chance such a foolish action as I don't think there is any way to make it faster!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

From my point of view, I wrote "no lubrication required" for several reasons. One is it worked just fine without lubrication, as it was designed to. Another is I had not done any chemical compatibility testing with lubricants. Yet another is that I knew my tolerances were so tight, any significant build up of crud due to lubrication could gum up the works.

And yet another is the common misconception that spinning the bag and watching how long it spins is any indication of how good or smooth your swivel is. Wrong.

Sure, you can tell a bad swivel right off the bat by spinning the bag. If it doesn't spin, you got a rusty corroded swivel. But for a good swivel, you want to see how it performs under load, meaning under actual use. Just spinning the bag puts no additional downward/outward force on the ball against the swivel base. When you punch it hard, there are significantly more forces generated and more load and friction is felt by the ball against the swivel base.

What I do is pull down on the bag with 10 or 20 pounds of force and move it around. It should feel smooth, the action should be without any jerks or snags. You basically see in slow motion how the bag will react under load, under real punching.
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• dad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Dec 2018

Esd

Haven’t had the problems, however, easy fix.
                          Thin rubber mat on the floor (best fix, help your feet at the same time) or Copper wire from bolt holding swivel to any metal framing holding the holding the platform.
                          Mat breaks the grounding.
                          Wire delivers the charge to a different area.

Comment

• BagBoy
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
                            What sort of jackass would lube a piece of equipment that was advertised from the get go that no lube is needed?!?! I for one certainly have no need to chance such a foolish action as I don't think there is any way to make it faster!
                            An experimental jackass with a new toy. Thankfully the jackass in question knew there would not be any negative effects after a simple cleanup.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Cazbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2018

An experimental jackass with a new toy. Thankfully the jackass in question knew there would not be any negative effects after a simple cleanup.
                              Sorry I was being sarcastic and the jackass statement was referring to me. I used a flammable lubricant and have had static issues to boot. Rusty has been absolutely phenomenal with these troubles that I helped create. I can not say enough about the customer service with the Arc on an issue that was really my fault!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Oct 2016

The good news is I have the smaller tri-hook for the Title Perilous and similar narrow hook bags ready to ship!

Any previous purchasers of the Arc Swivel are welcome to PM me if they want to get a narrow K5P Tri-Hook. As seen in the pic above, it fits the Title Platinum Perilous perfectly. But, it also fits an bag with a very narrow loop! Pictured above is the largest, heaviest bag in my collection, the Rawlings "Reaper" 29P. It has a narrow loop and fits perfectly on the K5P.

The bad new is regular Arc Swivel production is being held up by my supply chain. My source for eye bolts is backordered, so stay tuned on that front.
                                @ArcSwivel
                                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...