Clear All
  • Baggin'
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

Rival Speed Bags on Sale

Rival bags are on sale ($10 off) at title.com

• Jordan
    • Jun 2009

I've never been to the title website and not seen rival bags 10 bucks off, so I don't really see this as a discount

Comment

• Baggin'
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2009

It's the first time I've seen those bags on sale since I've been working there.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Cool Baggin', you work at Rival? Or at Title? That is a good in as far as getting the word to them about the Speed B.A.G. 2010.

Anyhow, I only know of those Rival bags. Are there any other styles?
        I've seen them for sale a bunch too but I don't know what the real price is when they are not on sale, as companies tend to up the "real" price so the discount looks notable, even though the discount ends up being the same as the real price when the sale goes away. I've read it here on the forum where guys have experienced this.

Anyhow.... I don't have any Rivals. Does anyone have any punch time on them to let us know how they are?
        BAG ON!

Comment

• Jordan
          • Jun 2009

hmmmm perhaps i'm just lucky then, whenever I've gone thats always the deal I see haha....but at the same time I bought one, I have the "medium" or 9x6 bag and it hits wonderfully, very nice on the hands as well. I'm pretty sure metaldad has one of the same model as well.

Comment

• Crapsterface
            • Nov 2009

Hey guys i just wanted to point out this sale on the $500.00 one.

also has anyone used a Rival platform. they use to hav it on ther sight but i cant find it now. this looks pretty nice though

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post

also has anyone used a Rival platform. they use to hav it on ther sight but i cant find it now. this looks pretty nice though

http://store.titleboxing.com/speed-b...platforms.html
              Anyone know how the adjusting mechanism works on that model? You just turn the crank? Any pop pins or anything that needs to be tightened?

Comment

• Crapsterface
                • Nov 2009

I wuld think so I cant see any other reason for the crank. maby ill see if i can rig som kind of crank system up. hopefull when I make it it wont be to mickey mouse

Comment

• Jobag
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jun 2009

crank speed bag platform

I originally bought an Everlast platform, adjustable in 2" increments I believe. I soon realized that when I changed bags from say an 8"x11" heavy duty "trainer" to any one of 3 Rivals 5x8, 6x9, 7x10 or the even smaller Everlast XS "peanut" bag (unfortunately no longer offered on their site), the belly of the bag was no longer where I needed it to be. Now, while this may not make a lot of difference to a sure nuff pro like the Skunk or Alan Kahn. It makes a tremendous difference to someone just starting out. Especially if you think of the bag more as a "rhythm bag" rather than an out and out, balls to the wall, "speed" bag. All reverse techniques become easier, double punches, fist rolls and elbow strikes too. When you can dial that bag in till it's right on the money, you don't have to think about whether or not you're hitting the sweet spot, you know you are. I think most people on this forum are every bit as committed/obsessed with their art, their craft, their skill, however you think about it, as I am. A crank platform will take your bag work to another level. If you can get one for $248, I'd say jump on it. You'll never regret it. And to answer the original question, you merely turn the handle to move the platform up or down. There are 4 set knobs in back of the mechanism to secure it. I find you can use them or not. Everything stays in place...
                  Last edited by Jobag; 12-25-2009, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Kyle
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post

http://store.titleboxing.com/speed-b...platforms.html
                    they have a rival platform at my gym...with no weight on top it hits terribly...i would imagine there would be improvements with added weight but still don't think its going to ever be a great platform with that design,

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Rival Bag

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      hmmmm perhaps i'm just lucky then, whenever I've gone thats always the deal I see haha....but at the same time I bought one, I have the "medium" or 9x6 bag and it hits wonderfully, very nice on the hands as well. I'm pretty sure metaldad has one of the same model as well.
                      My first bag was a Rival 10x7, I "did" get the sale price $29.00. It's a great bag, nice leather, no defects-hits nice all the way around. It's a bit heavier and slower (which has been great to learn on, and build endurance). Overall a nice bag.
                      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...