• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Novabagger bump-drumming

This music has a good beat and youtube took this music off of an earlier video I made, so, I used this song to practice bumping to music....I call it bump-drummig.

Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 10-02-2010, 06:58 AM. Reason: wording
    Novaspeedbagger
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Pretty cool way to slow punch that song. I have that version and it's fun to hit with. nice job.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Thanks Alan, when the fists are sore it's a good way to still solve the addictive bagging syndrome!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

great

Nice choice to bump too lol

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Skunky Cold Medina Ha! Ha! Ha!

I figured I get my chops busted bout the tune Skunk! lol Remember the the speed bag that left ya for da Sinista Sizzahand? Ha! Ha! Rember when she came back to ya! lol

Or was that Apollo Creed in the new Miller lite commercial?
          Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 10-02-2010, 12:55 PM. Reason: add a comment
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Another quality video. Great song for that style of hitting. Love the title - "Bump-Drumming."

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              This music has a good beat and youtube took this music off of an earlier video I made, so, I used this song to practice bumping to music....I call it bump-drummig.
              Wow great timing! That looks very hard.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great stuff! Great control! Great grasp of the beat!
                The combos and the bumps put you on different random places on the bag at different parts of beat. It is great to see you have control and focus on the pulse more then where you happen to be on the bag and within the beat.
                Great job!
                BAG ON !

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Thanks Brian!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  Great stuff! Great control! Great grasp of the beat!
                  The combos and the bumps put you on different random places on the bag at different parts of beat. It is great to see you have control and focus on the pulse more then where you happen to be on the bag and within the beat.
                  Great job!
                  BAG ON !
                  Yeah! That's the way to punch drum! Nice and locked up!
                  Free form combos all in time!
                  You hear the beat no prob....
                  Very impressed!
                  Are you musically inclined at all?
                  Any time on drums, piano or guitar??
                  PUNCH ON!
                  Just spent some time in my youth playin guitar, the snare and some time on a drum set. I played rudimental bass in my high school drumline but I am not a musician by any stretch of the imagination. I do appreciate the compliment coming from a professional! Thanks and I am looking forward to the next video post from the ~The Baggin' Dragon~
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Just spent some time in my youth playin guitar, the snare and some time on a drum set. I played rudimental bass in my high school drumline but I am not a musician by any stretch of the imagination. I do appreciate the compliment coming from a professional! Thanks and I am looking forward to the next video post from the ~The Baggin' Dragon~
                    I am trying to get through "Baggacuda" with no mis-hits...it ain't easy and
                    I don't put much time into it... soon though...

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Keep it Baggin Dragon!

I am trying to get through "Baggacuda" with no mis-hits...it ain't easy and
                      I don't put much time into it... soon though...
                      Keep on Baggin Dragon......I'm workin on Sympathy for the devil by the Stones....Radar Love by Golden Earing and All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix while I'm training on the bag. Been working on trying to keep that steady linking going like the Sunk does the song Inagada-davida (not sure if I got the spelling right), but he never lets up on the continuous combos while continuously linking them together without pause. He's Phenomenal and so is Alan Kahn and it seems like they never miss. They are truly Punch-Drumming Phenoms

You and all the other baggers on the forum keep me inspired....Thanks Brian!
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

Great video nova.... impressive control, making those double bumps look very easy indeed. You've certainly locked into the beat, NICE.
                        Like the way you put your video together too. Are you a mac/pc user? I'm looking for some editing software for PC that's got good recommendations.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Nova, great video and I liked the choice of music, good times came back to mind. I need to give bumping a go but you are making it look easy.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Aug 2010

Forum baggers - motivating punch drumming

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                            Nova, great video and I liked the choice of music, good times came back to mind. I need to give bumping a go but you are making it look easy.
                            Thanks uk! Everyone on the forum who has posted punch drumming is sparking my interest in this area and it has certainly help me to improve my speedbagging ability. So, I am glad you guys keep posting videos and keeping the older ones out there. I checked out your "Hard days night" post on Youtube the other day! Great stuff! I hope you keep posting videos!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                            Great video nova.... impressive control, making those double bumps look very easy indeed. You've certainly locked into the beat, NICE.
                            Like the way you put your video together too. Are you a mac/pc user? I'm looking for some editing software for PC that's got good recommendations.
                            Thanks Mrs. Mitts! I am a PC user and I used the Movie Maker software that comes with most PC's. If you click on Start then programs you can scan the list to see of it's already installed. I hope I am not telling you something you already know. If so, sorry about that
                            Looking forward to your next video post
                            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Good double-bumping demo

Hey nova! I never commented on this vid when you first posted it – way back in Oct. 2010! Just came across it again and had to thank you for posting it here. I know this is one of your early videos, but, it reminds me to slow down if I want to learn something. This is a good song choice to practice double bumping. ...I just gotta practice, practice, practice...
                              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...