• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocRock
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2018

PortaSpeed by Sifu George Hajnasr Review Coming up

I'm excited to bring a video review of the PortaSpeed by Sifu George Hajnasr. Just ordered it this week and should have it by next week. Super Excited to use it. Look for a detailed review coming in the next couple weeks.
    “My success is not about wealth and fame. I am most concerned with my relationship to God, which is the most important.” – Manny Pacquiao

“With God, hard work and focus I can accomplish what is ahead of me.” – Manny Pacquiao
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DocRock View Post
    I'm excited to bring a video review of the PortaSpeed by Sifu George Hajnasr. Just ordered it this week and should have it by next week. Super Excited to use it. Look for a detailed review coming in the next couple weeks.
    I did not know it was for sale yet.....

Best kept secret in Speed Bag land.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      I did not know it was for sale yet.....

Best kept secret in Speed Bag land.
      SOOOooooooo......here it is!

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

So you're telling me that I can go camping and speedbagging at the same time?

Amen.

EDIT: Anybody know what kind of swivel it comes with? It obviously works with all direction hits..
        Last edited by BagBoy; 05-18-2018, 01:38 AM. Reason: swivel question
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          So you're telling me that I can go camping and speedbagging at the same time?

Amen.

EDIT: Anybody know what kind of swivel it comes with? It obviously works with all direction hits..
          Yowsa.....
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DocRock
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2018

He put a Forza on mine for me.
            “My success is not about wealth and fame. I am most concerned with my relationship to God, which is the most important.” – Manny Pacquiao

“With God, hard work and focus I can accomplish what is ahead of me.” – Manny Pacquiao

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Look for a detailed review coming in the next couple weeks.
              Looking forward to your review.

I'm especially interested in your opinion on how it responds to sided hits.. Video looks like minimal wobble so I'm optimistic.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• DocRock
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2018

BagBoy.... The only problem with my review is I'm not very good myself. So when you talk about side hits....Not sure I'm your guy to give a great take on how it does(haha). But I will do my best. This is a process. Only been at it for 2 months. After getting this portable platform that will make 3 platforms for me in 2 months.....8 bags..... 7 Swivels.....and all kinds of other wrist wraps and other things..... I need to stop already... But it's a lot of fun. My wife says I need to attend a Speed Bag Anonymous Group so I stop spending more money on Speed Bag equipment.

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

BagBoy.... The only problem with my review is I'm not very good myself. So when you talk about side hits....Not sure I'm your guy to give a great take on how it does(haha). But I will do my best. This is a process. Only been at it for 2 months. After getting this portable platform that will make 3 platforms for me in 2 months.....8 bags..... 7 Swivels.....and all kinds of other wrist wraps and other things..... I need to stop already... But it's a lot of fun. My wife says I need to attend a Speed Bag Anonymous Group so I stop spending more money on Speed Bag equipment.
                  No problem buddy, I understand. I'm five months in myself so I know what you mean. As far as the addiction goes and money spent I can totally relate.

And if there is a speed bag rehabilitation center, I will not be attending
                  Last edited by BagBoy; 05-22-2018, 11:02 PM. Reason: I'm a doofuss

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• JoMan
                    • Nov 2016

That's an amazing looking piece of speed bag equipment!!!

Comment

• Lucian
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Oct 2017

portaspeed availability

Are these still available for order? I've written a few times to check but never received a response they look great

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Lucian View Post
                        Are these still available for order? I've written a few times to check but never received a response they look great

I've thought the same thing. I know he was trying to find a manufacturer that could make them for an affordable price, but I guess that never worked out. He did make a few and one member brought one to the gathering last year, but I've never seen or heard of others going out. Like a lot of speed bag products (mostly swivels) design and made by board members, the cost and time of custom making each one by hand gets too much to deal with. Most of them disappear after a few years. We've seen generations of custom made ball hooks come and go, as well as a few custom boards. A few board members have even designed, made speed bags.

I always wanted to get a Portaspeed to do some local gigs, but I don't think it will happen.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          ...He did make a few and one member brought one to the gathering last year, but I've never seen or heard of others going out. Like a lot of speed bag products (mostly swivels) design and made by board members, the cost and time of custom making each one by hand gets too much to deal with. Most of them disappear after a few years. We've seen generations of custom made ball hooks come and go, as well as a few custom boards. ...
                          Yeah, Patrick brought his shiny new PortaSpeed last year. I have not heard from Patrick, hope he attends #SpeedbagX.

For my custom hand made Arc ball hook swivel, I do wonder myself how long I will continue to make it. My will to do it goes up and down. Yeah, its a lot of work, but when I'm not having technical problems it is a very relaxing and satisfying type of work. As I spend the time toiling, attending to detail, going for as close as I can get to perfection on each piece, I can let my mind drift and wonder about who might use this thing, and what amazing things they might do with it. Pretty much every person who gets one will be able to do things with it that I cannot, things that would amaze me. Sometimes I get to feeling like Hattori Hanzo making a katana.

Other times, its just tiring. old. rote.

I called the Arc the "Mark 2" (Mk.II) while I developed it. Just saying.
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                            For my custom hand made Arc ball hook swivel, I do wonder myself how long I will continue to make it. My will to do it goes up and down. Other times, its just tiring. old. rote.
                            Well I guess that answers my question.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...