X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ozzy
    • Mar 2015

Push On Plastic Caps

A trivial problem but something I haven't been able to solve nonetheless - I'd be really grateful if anyone can help me with this.

I've lost the black plastic push-on cap off my Deville No 13 Ball-Hook Swivel that stops my speed bags from flying off . Can anybody suggest a good place to get a replacement from?

Cheers - ozzy
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Don't know where you are exactly, so here's a good place to start https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...bolts&tbm=shop

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
      A trivial problem but something I haven't been able to solve nonetheless - I'd be really grateful if anyone can help me with this.

I've lost the black plastic push-on cap off my Deville No 13 Ball-Hook Swivel that stops my speed bags from flying off . Can anybody suggest a good place to get a replacement from?

Cheers - ozzy
      A thin strip of duct tape will work also.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ozzy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Don't know where you are exactly, so here's a good place to start https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...bolts&tbm=shop
        Aha there they are - thank you

Comment

• ozzy
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          A thin strip of duct tape will work also.
          Thanks Alan, yes that works fine & is also cheaper

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Depends if you want to change your bags often. I find that a short piece of 1/4" I.D. silicone tubing works best. The vinyl caps tend to wear out and split.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• baggeric
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2017

deville plastic cap

Hey Ozzy....I had the same problem with my deville and solved it with some clear 1/4" tubing. It took some experimenting but now I have the deville and the forza swivels capped with tubing pieces about an inch long. It keeps the bags on the swivels when I am reverse fist rolling. The deville takes the standard 1/4 " plastic tubing you would use to run a waterline to your swamp cooler or ice maker. The forza needs a little bigger inside diameter and I found some reinforced tubing with a ID of 5/16ths. I no longer have bags leaping off the swivel and poking me in the nose. If you want to replace the original cap then go to lowes or home depot and get a few bicycle hangers and cut off the plastic coating on the end. The tubing is a lot cheaper though and a few feet will give you stops for life. Happy bagging.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...