• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • looster
    • Jul 2012

pics of some of my gear

some of my gear
    1) everlast freestanding speedbag platform. bought it from craigslist for 50 bucks, with another genuine Everlast speedbag included. Must weight 300 pound total. I have a Balazs platform, but since I am renting this condo, I do not want to install it, so I found this one. much, much better than the current stuff being sold, I am told it is a about 15 years old. works really well, the previous owner had a flame-cut 3/8 inch steel circle cut out and is bolted to the top of the platform, it really stays steady.
    2) the black gyro balanced everlast bag - my fave out of the many bags I have
    3) the Everlast 4205 10 X 13 bag that I have just made into a maize bag. love that thing.
    4) the maize bag I got from Ebay, seller was in England. I love this thing, you can just bang away all day long on it. Got it empty, put about 10 pounds of sand in the bottom and filled it up with garden mulch from Home Depot.
    just some of my gear. thanks for letting me show it.
    Attached Files
  • looster
    • Jul 2012

Balazs platform mounted in the garage.

Here is my Balazs platform mounted in the garage in my old house.
    The Balazs kit is just the best, IMHO. Weighs a ton. I just decided to build a box it in and built sort of a subframe for the whole thing. Love that platform, the wooden platform is thick and the whole thing was just as stready as a marble table.
    Attached Files

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Nice BALAZS set up. It looks like it would a pretty sturdy rig.

Originally posted by looster View Post
      Here is my Balazs platform mounted in the garage in my old house.
      The Balazs kit is just the best, IMHO. Weighs a ton. I just decided to build a box it in and built sort of a subframe for the whole thing. Love that platform, the wooden platform is thick and the whole thing was just as stready as a marble table.

Comment

• Amoore061
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Feb 2012

Just finished setting up my home platform. Was so inspired by everything I saw last 3 days at Real Gym for Speed Bag 3!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Amoore061 View Post
          Just finished setting up my home platform. Was so inspired by everything I saw last 3 days at Real Gym for Speed Bag 3!!!
          Yea, me Too. Was that awesome, or what!
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

More More 61

Nice meeting you and bagging till we both dropped... See you next year.

Comment

• looster
              • Jul 2012

I love craigslist....

craigslist score- 100 pound Everlast leather commercial heavy bag. retails at 550+, got it for 200 bucks. not free, but should last about 100 years.
              Attached Files

Comment

• looster
                • Jul 2012

Hi- thanks for the comments. It is a genuine leather everlast.
                and although it does not help my workouts, it is a great color, too
                Newer bag, not sure how old it is, but it looks almost unused.
                ( I do have a double end bag, it is a humbling experience to learn to hit it ! )
                The big Everlast bag is great, too , because unlike most heavy bags I have encountered, it is not hard as iron on the bottom, so one can bang away with those uppercuts and body hooks without killing your hands. The big brown everlast bag is great, I like it and for 200 bucks , I am happy with it. )

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...