X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoMan
    • Nov 2016

Just got my new Forza swivel!!!

Just got this bad boy in today! Applied some grape seed oil to lessen friction & ziptied the bag loop - wow this swivel is FAST!!! I have a 12+ yr old Title U-bolt swivel, as well as a modified Everlast plastic base that I swapped in a brass ball into. My intitial impression of this swivel is that it's a very impressive , FAST design and I appreciate the effort to bring a high quality piece of equipment to market!!! Thanks to whoever is behind making this available!!!
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by JoMan View Post
    Just got this bad boy in today! Applied some grape seed oil to lessen friction & ziptied the bag loop - wow this swivel is FAST!!! I have a 12+ yr old Title U-bolt swivel, as well as a modified Everlast plastic base that I swapped in a brass ball into. My intitial impression of this swivel is that it's a very impressive , FAST design and I appreciate the effort to bring a high quality piece of equipment to market!!! Thanks to whoever is behind making this available!!!
    That would be JOHN REYNOLDS.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Monday! I have the whole weekend to wait dammit! It's like waiting for Christmas morning.
      Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• JoMan
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
        Mine is scheduled to arrive on Monday! I have the whole weekend to wait dammit! It's like waiting for Christmas morning.
        I understand your anticipation! Let us know when it arrives and you've given it a try!

Comment

• AK Thndr
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2018

Forza

Agree! Received mine couple days ago & significant difference (from the stock u swivel). "grape seed oil" & "ziptie" eh?.....THX !

Comment

• JoMan
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by AK Thndr View Post
            Agree! Received mine couple days ago & significant difference (from the stock u swivel). "grape seed oil" & "ziptie" eh?.....THX !

Yes, I learned from this forum that taping off, or in my case zip tying, the leather strap helps keep the bag from rising up on the hook it hangs from. Less movement = more control.

Regarding the oil:

I had to remove the Forza from the platform and give it a good cleaning. As it turns out, the grapeseed oil thickened up and gunked up the swivel, significantly slowing it down.

After cleaning it back to new condition, I reinstalled the Forza and applied WD-40 to the brass ball hook.

Grapeseed oil does not work well.
            Last edited by JoMan; 03-29-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

Yes, I learned from this forum that taping off, or in my case zip tying, the leather strap helps keep the bag from rising up on the hook it hangs from. Less movement = more control.

Regarding the oil:

I had to remove the Forza from the platform and give it a good cleaning. As it turns out, the grapeseed oil thickened up and gunked up the swivel, significantly slowing it down.

After cleaning it back to new condition, I reinstalled the Forza and applied WD-40 to the brass ball hook.

Grapeseed oil does not work well.
              Grape seed oil is a vegetable oil no good on metals

Comment

• LurchHenry
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2018

Man, that looks great!

Comment

• JoMan
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by LurchHenry View Post
                  Man, that looks great!
                  Thanks! 👊🏼

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...