• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Material Score!

Just to prove it pays to keep looking at your area Craigslist (that's where I found my 1917 Spalding platform), I had a major score.

Found an old restaurant going out of business and they had 30"x30" solid walnut tables (1 1/2" thick!). I bought one complete table...and one top only for $20.00. It's just beautiful hardwood.

So, keep looking, there are some great deals out there on all kinds of good materials for platforms.

OH... and I forgot to mention I also picked-up a 24"x30", 4" thick butcher's block too.... for free!!!
    (that's getting refinished and going into the kitchen)
    Last edited by Zaza; 06-30-2014, 04:04 PM.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Great find. You can't get that good of material now without paying big bucks. That's how I got my mahogany platform too. The butcher block sounds really cool.

fedora

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by fedora View Post
      Great find. You can't get that good of material now without paying big bucks. That's how I got my mahogany platform too. The butcher block sounds really cool.

fedora
      I know, there was just a listing for 60 church pews made of SOLID OAK...and they were FREE! Just beautiful hardwood, it's breaking my heart that I can't get them. They want one person to take them all at once, there are 10' & 20' versions. The wood alone has to be worth a mint!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...