• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrandonTheRaven
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2012

Hi there!

Hello everyone, My name is Brandon i recently turned 19 and also started my hand at speedbags almost 3 months ago. Over the past 2 years ive put on alot of weight and wanted to find a means to start losing weight. The main reason is because i want to get back into boxing Amatuerly (with hopes to go somewhere). I used to be in a tight knit group of amateur hopefuls, but we all grew far from eachother and my activeness fell from there. I had gained 50lbs over the 2 years of sedentary life.
    When i was 17 i got my nickname from my interest in Edgar Allan Poe's works, and my love for the mysterious ravens that flock near my home. When i was training and fighting with my friends my nickname grew into my style of throwing hooks and uppercuts/overhands at quick speeds. My friends decided that when i threw my combos "it looked as if wings were flapping from side to throw". Sadly we never had a camera to take a video of our spars and amateur fights.
    I would like to get back to where i was in my physique and lifestyle. Also ive been reading alot of threads on the forum but just haven't gotten up to registering but i decided today would be a good day to start somewhere
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Today.

Today is a good day.

You have taken your first step towards your goal.

Welcome to the forum, Brandon. You will get lots of valuable info here, as well as camaraderie and inspiration to keep you on the path to reach your goal.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• BrandonTheRaven
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2012

Thank you for the warm welcome. I do believe i will enjoy my time on the forum.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Welcome! No lack of good energy here...looking forward to some video from you soon.
        Cheers,
        -Zaza
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• BrandonTheRaven
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2012

Thanks you as well Zaza, I plan on making a few videos in a few months or so mainly because right now i don't have a video camera. I know for sure i will be bringing a video of balance board speed bagging (i find its a great way to have some more fun) onto the site.

Cheers to you
          Brandon

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2010

Welcome to the Forum Raven!

Glad you decided to register! This, as you know is a very positive forum, so you will certainly find support here in your fitness pursuit! I have never pursued boxing but I've always admired the fitness levels of boxing and now MMA athletes. That's why I've tried to incorporate their training into my fitness workouts.

But the Speed Bag is now a vehicle of expression and punch drumming has become an art form which I love dearly.

Good luck and I hope the speed bag challenges your heart, mind and spirit the way it has many of the forum members here!!!
            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• BrandonTheRaven
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2012

Blogging

I have decided to create a blog dedicated to three of my goals relating to boxing.

1. Weight loss and everything it entails be it recipes ive tried that i like or to new regimes ive decided to use. Every two weeks i will post my progress be it through a photo, tape measurements, or through a weight scale.

2. My re-advancement back into the sweet science of boxing. Once i Join a gym i will give feedback of the gym i had joined, talk about the layout maybe photos if i can disclose that information, and workouts and sparring events.

3. I will also be relaying information pertaining to my progress into the beautiful world of speed baggary. I'm going to try posting a video every two weeks (maybe +/-)

When i get everything set up i will be posting my blogs website on this thread. I hope to see veiwers come and see what is up and down in my coming journey.

Thank you for your time
              Hope you are enjoying the Springtime.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...