• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulpo 1989
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2013

Replacement Swivel Inquiry

Hello Speedbagforum members!! This is my second post and am very cotent to be a part of this knowledgeable community! I recently purchased an Everlast heavy bag/speedbag combo stand. After realizing the stand would raddle vigorously and slide all over the floor upon use, I fixed the problem with four 10 lb weight plates on each stand leg. I have been hitting the Everhide medium size speedbag for about 1 1/2 months consecutively and have noticed some significant wear on the base of the plastic ball swivel that came installed. Since then, I've been researching U-bolt, metal ball, and chain link swivels to eventually determine a great replacement. Would anyone happen to know of a swivel that would fit as a replacement on this speedbag boom without major modification to the drum? Also, I looked into a supposedly faster cotter pin swivel by Everlast. However, I wouldn't want to order it and then come to find out it doesn't fit the drum...Any response would be greatly appreciated
  • bbally
    • Jan 2013

Pm Ms deville about her swivel options. The one I have from her is fast and quiet. And really well made.

Welcome. Bbally.
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Pulpo 1989 View Post
      Hello Speedbagforum members!! This is my second post and am very cotent to be a part of this knowledgeable community! I recently purchased an Everlast heavy bag/speedbag combo stand. After realizing the stand would raddle vigorously and slide all over the floor upon use, I fixed the problem with four 10 lb weight plates on each stand leg. I have been hitting the Everhide medium size speedbag for about 1 1/2 months consecutively and have noticed some significant wear on the base of the plastic ball swivel that came installed. Since then, I've been researching U-bolt, metal ball, and chain link swivels to eventually determine a great replacement. Would anyone happen to know of a swivel that would fit as a replacement on this speedbag boom without major modification to the drum? Also, I looked into a supposedly faster cotter pin swivel by Everlast. However, I wouldn't want to order it and then come to find out it doesn't fit the drum...Any response would be greatly appreciated
      Hello Pulpo, welcome to the forum.

BBally is correct that the Deville swivel would solve your problems. Contact Dee by PM via the forum message system.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Deville!
        DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• cmedinas88
          • Jan 2013

Deville is where its at

Comment

• doss darwin
            • Dec 2012

deville

love mine for the action--am going to try the powermill for more noise--dd
            the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• Pulpo 1989
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2013

Wow!! They look awesome!! And I'm guessing the neoprene base is much more resistant to impact. I'll be purchasing that very soon!! As far as a smaller, faster bag, what would you recommend? I've been looking at the Balazs lazer bag in the peanut size, the Everlast kangaroo skin small speed bag, and some others by Title. I've only known the Everlast Everhide medium size speedbag and I feel that I'm having to impact it quite hard to reach a comfortable pace.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

I've had poor luck with the Everlast kangaroo bags' quality control -- burst seams, weird shaped bags. I've had a few, I like the feel, but would not buy one again.

Comment

• Pulpo 1989
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Apr 2013

paranday I've had poor luck with the Everlast kangaroo bags' quality control -- burst seams, weird shaped bags. I've had a few, I like the feel, but would not buy one again.
                  That's good to know because they look very nice, but I guess looks aren't everything. What bag do you currently use?

Comment

• bbally
                    • Jan 2013

Wow!! They look awesome!! And I'm guessing the neoprene base is much more resistant to impact. I'll be purchasing that very soon!! As far as a smaller, faster bag, what would you recommend? I've been looking at the Balazs lazer bag in the peanut size, the Everlast kangaroo skin small speed bag, and some others by Title. I've only known the Everlast Everhide medium size speedbag and I feel that I'm having to impact it quite hard to reach a comfortable pace.
                    Contact RP65 (Ralph) about the ringside bags he sells. I have the teardrop rbsb-xs from him. Fast. I ended then getting the rbsb-s from him next round shaped it is my favorite and at 4 psi it flies.

Like the ring sides so much I ended up ordering the rest of the sizes from him last week to round out the workout.

I own atomic xxs as well. Makes you have to hit perfect every time but is a little like hitting a wad of duct tape.

Couple of title as well. But for me the ringsides are my favorite and well priced from Ralph.
                    sgt
                    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

What bag do you currently use?
                      Cleto Reyes XS, Fighting Sports 8x5, Title Atomic Platinum XXS, NOS Ringside all sizes (bought from forum member RP65). Each bag has its own great personality. Would like to try the Balazs peanut bag, heard good things about it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...