• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Boxing Speed Bag site

Somehow I missed this site in my online ramblings. Looks like it gives good info. Boxingspeedbags.net

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Really?

I came across that site last year. To me, looks like a typical cookie cutter "reviews" website which really is a sales generator. I've seen this same website for so many products. Look at the links at the bottom to all the legal mumbo jumbo where "boxingspeedbags.net" is copy/pasted in blue at least a dozen times on each page.

Here is one awesome piece of good info from one of the bag pages:

"These speedy punching bags helps them to fulfill their dreams as these Boxing Speed Bags guide them to start practicing of their own without much needed help."

GTFO

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      Here is one awesome piece of good info from one of the bag pages:

"These speedy punching bags helps them to fulfill their dreams as these Boxing Speed Bags guide them to start practicing of their own without much needed help."

GTFO

-Rusty
      Alan had a senior moment I guess.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Sorry, I didn't mean any offence. In my even more newbie days, I used that website to pick my first bag, the black & red Title gyro. I like the bag, so worked out fine. Just trying to be a good skeptic and spot BS websites.

-rusty
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          Sorry, I didn't mean any offence. In my even more newbie days, I used that website to pick my first bag, the black & red Title gyro. I like the bag, so worked out fine. Just trying to be a good skeptic and spot BS websites.

-rusty
          that's funny. I missed all that at the bottom. I was attracted to all the pretty bags on the site. Yep, it is pretty bland. Kind of like a lot of "how to" speed bag teaching video's on Youtube. Most are well intended but laughable on content or presentation. But if they help someone get excited about the bag, I guess it's ok.

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Alan had a senior moment I guess.
          Ha! I have a lot of those lately. I may be putting the "AL" in Alzheimers. Now if I can just find my keys...
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            :...But if they help someone get excited about the bag, I guess it's ok.
            When I first read this, my reaction was 'nailed it'. But after thinking about it, I'm wondering is it? Is it ok? To churn out some BS reviews website for something you care about and watch some a-hole make money on it for no effort other than putting up a commercial website?

China got all my money from this hobby before I woke up and saw reality.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...