X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Deville New D-21 Flush-Mounted Swivel with Drum

Well, Raul and I have been at it again. Raul wanted to see if he could come up with a flush-mounted swivel to see how it compared with the traditional swivels.

From our personal experience, we have found this new design to be really easy to use. The arc of the bag is significantly shorter, thus making the distance that the bag has to travel to make contact with the drum much shorter. Here is a YouTube video clip showing the flush-mounted swivel on our 36" wood platform:

We decided to invest in some high-quality, glue-laminated wood and build some 24" rounds with the swivel already built-in. Raul sanded the drum and applied a sealant to keep the moisture out of the wood. I have named this new swivel the Deville D-21 Flush mounted Swivel.

I have put together this short video on YouTube showing how to retro-fit an existing speed bag platform with this flush-mounted swivel and drum.

Once we had gathered the tools together – all it takes is a step-stool, a pencil, drill bit, phillips-head screw gun, 3 clamps, and 8 wood screws – Raul was able to retrofit an old platform in less than 7 minutes! Done! And ready to go! Here is the demonstration of Raul installing it.

By the way, this video is posted on my new YouTube Channel – Deville Swivels:

This can be used to retro-fit an existing platform, or, it can even be mounted directly to the ceiling of say, a basement!

If there is interest in acquiring this flush-mounted Swivel & Drum setup, feel free to contact me via Private messaging, or you can email me (Dee) at my new Deville Swivel email address: devilleswivels@gmail.com

Bag on, fellow baggers!
    Last edited by MsDeville; 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Johnny O
    • Apr 2011

Looks great Dee… Any shots of the swivel itself (not mounted) so we can take a good look at it? Great job Raul!

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Deville D-21 Swiv

Video Footage of the D-21, as well as the A-51 Below.
      Last edited by ebozyn; 04-17-2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• ebozyn
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2010

Deville D-21 Swiv & Drum Vid

Deville D-21 Flush Mount Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel and Drum

Deville A-51 Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel

For details contact Speed Bag Forum member: MsDeville

Or send an Email to: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ebozyn; 04-18-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
          Deville D-21 Flush Mount Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel and Drum

Deville A-51 Ball Hook Speed Bag Swivel

For details contact Speed Bag Forum member: MsDeville

Or send an Email to: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'd like to see you try some of that (amazing combinations with phantom punches, double bump elbows and side punches) on a U-Bolt (lol) and a chainlink. Probably do better on a chainlink for they seem a bit more forgiving on severe direction changes than a U-Bolt.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DarthPistachio
            • Mar 2012

Excellent development work there MsD' really like how little effort is apparently required on that flush mounted version...
            Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
            Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
            They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...