• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

One Month Addicted

This is a bit I shot a couple weeks ago before I got my Powermill swivel...thought I'd post for fun. LOTS to learn, but damn this is addictive!
    Enjoy....and all comments are not only welcome but most appreciated.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    This is a bit I shot a couple weeks ago before I got my Powermill swivel...thought I'd post for fun. LOTS to learn, but damn this is addictive!
    Enjoy....and all comments are not only welcome but most appreciated.
    Great punching. You've got the FDP (Front Double Punch) down! Front Fist Roll (F-ROLL) as well.

How'd you do that super slow mo at the end? What kind of camera, or is it a regular camera and the editing software? That was cool...

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Great punching. You've got the FDP (Front Double Punch) down! Front Fist Roll (F-ROLL) as well.

How'd you do that super slow mo at the end? What kind of camera, or is it a regular camera and the editing software? That was cool...
      Thanks for the kind words Tim, but I know I have a LONG way to go to hit anywhere near the way most of you guys do! The original appeal to me was the upper body work, eye/hand coordination & hand/arm speed.... a nice addition to the daily treadmill run...plus it looked like a lot of fun (not to mention a release for the troubles in 'life' we all have).

I'm also an indie 'filmmaker' (low to no budget films for fun...and festivals), so yes, it's a really good cinematic camera and a Nikon lens. The camera allows for what is called "over-cranking" which captures many more frames per second...thus the really nice smooth SloMo. Then you can slow it down even more during editing. I'd love to shoot some of you guys as it's a great way to really see what you guys are doing with all the advanced combinations.

Some of my stuff here: http://www.zazacast.com

Hummmmm.... perhaps a Speed Bag Documentary is in order?
      Now you have me thinking NJ might be a great idea. I bet there are some good stories in the community here.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Yes !

Comment

• Hannibal
          • Dec 2010

Great hitting!! I think you shouldn't worry about hitting like anyone else. Just hit the way that is comfortable or within your skill set. All will fall into place. I have come to find that each bagger has at least one skill that sets them apart from one another that comes easier to them. For me fist rolling and side punching are my gems. Clean bagging though, and glad to see how much you are enjoying it. It always makes me happy to see how much boxing exercises have been revolutionized, and what a great impact they have had upon some. Looks like you found something you truly enjoy. Keep on bagging!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'm also an indie 'filmmaker'...

Now you have me thinking NJ might be a great idea. I bet there are some good stories in the community here.
            Y E S !!!!!!
            yes. yes. yes!

Welcome Zaza. So glad you're here. I tried to talk my filmmaker brother into going to last year's inaugural event... but to no avail. This addiction deserves recognition. If not in the sports world, at least in the world of cinematography... after all, IMO it's an art form.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum. You're doing great for one month in. Keep posting more videos.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              Yes !
              Parandy-
              Seems you're into the history of speed bagging...would love to talk to you a bit more on the subject if you're interested?

Just drop me a PM and we can take this off-line.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Great hitting!! I think you shouldn't worry about hitting like anyone else. Just hit the way that is comfortable or within your skill set. All will fall into place. I have come to find that each bagger has at least one skill that sets them apart from one another that comes easier to them. For me fist rolling and side punching are my gems. Clean bagging though, and glad to see how much you are enjoying it. It always makes me happy to see how much boxing exercises have been revolutionized, and what a great impact they have had upon some. Looks like you found something you truly enjoy. Keep on bagging!!
                Thanks! I like the way you think...and I am starting to see that everyone has their own style.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                  Y E S !!!!!!
                  yes. yes. yes!

Welcome Zaza. So glad you're here. I tried to talk my filmmaker brother into going to last year's inaugural event... but to no avail. This addiction deserves recognition. If not in the sports world, at least in the world of cinematography... after all, IMO it's an art form.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum. You're doing great for one month in. Keep posting more videos.
                  Thanks MsDeville... I really like your videos. I tried to hit to music the other day and man-o-man, that is NOT easy at all (and I'm a musician!). I've been trying to find tunes that have the correct BPM's...and believe it or not stumbled on a Pink Floyd tune that is based around triplets and could be good.

I agree, speed bagging IS an art form, just like dance...I'm seriously thinking about a documentary now. Who knows, maybe we'll see "Baggin' with the Stars" on NBC this fall!

Comment

• Joe
                    • May 2010

Great Stuff ZaZa!! Dude... you are an awesome addition to these forums.

Bag On
                    sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                      Great Stuff ZaZa!! Dude... you are an awesome addition to these forums.

Bag On
                      Thanks for the welcome Joe!

Comment

• fingers
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • May 2008

ZaZA!! great video and baging!! thumbs up from the UK!

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                          • Apr 2011

Fired UP!

Zaza!!

Awesome video!! I'm totally fired up! Great bagging skills and the vide-ography is cool! I see you at the Park City Film Festival with a winner next year!

Matt
                          -
                          Owner/Operator
                          www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Thanks for the kind words Tim, but I know I have a LONG way to go to hit anywhere near the way most of you guys do! The original appeal to me was the upper body work, eye/hand coordination & hand/arm speed.... a nice addition to the daily treadmill run...plus it looked like a lot of fun (not to mention a release for the troubles in 'life' we all have).

I'm also an indie 'filmmaker' (low to no budget films for fun...and festivals), so yes, it's a really good cinematic camera and a Nikon lens. The camera allows for what is called "over-cranking" which captures many more frames per second...thus the really nice smooth SloMo. Then you can slow it down even more during editing. I'd love to shoot some of you guys as it's a great way to really see what you guys are doing with all the advanced combinations.

Hey ZaZa.

Welcome to the forum and nice video. Punching appears pretty solid, but it's really hard to tell exactly without hearing the bag contacts. Cool video effects.

I've Done a bit of Video shooting and editing myself. I did it a lot years ago. In the pre-digital days I shot a lof of video with the prosumer level Panasonic S-VHS AG 456u. It had a variable speed shutter to allow for very clear Slomo scenes. For speed bag you could shoot in 1/250 or 1/500 and get really clear fist-bag or bag-board reactions. Most of the slow motion segments used in the Speed Bag Bible DVD's were shot in 1/250. I shot those segments specifically for slo mo and went through every technique and combination from three different angles. Then I got the bright idea to shoot them from underneath also at different zoom lengths. Counting the dedicated slo motion high speed shutter tapes with the normal speed 1/60 takes, and I ended up with over 100 S-VHS tapes full of speed bag video, and over 50 pages of shot logs.

Then I dubbed all S-VHS master tapes to vhs for watching and shot selection (didn't want to risk running my master video's in the machines). Needless to say I ended up with Cases full of speed bag video tape, for I shot each scene on Ringside and Everlast bags. I made all edited masters on S-VHS which I sent to the video production company for dubs or now - glass mastered DVD's.

during those days I also did a bit of video moonlighting shooting local golf tournaments and making picture/music video's, putting peoples pictures on tape with a music soundtrack. I learned to love editing.

So I understand your love of indie video production. Gotta say it's frustrating to see $10,000.00 worth of high end editing equipment replaced with a $149.00 software program.

Hope to see you in Jersey!
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Inkspill
                              • Dec 2010

Looking very good! Videography and movements on the bag.

Just a month in and you're already going strong, I think it will be great to see you on the swivel and on some new angles you seem to have the front and back down good enough to expand your territory some as you improve your skill level

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...