X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsDeville & Annie Lennox "Little Bird"

I am constantly being inspired by fellow speed baggers. Especially when I can see/feel their passion for the bag.

Last month I came across a YouTube video of a Canadian speed bagger punching to "Little Bird" by Annie Lennox. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ry3rZA_Sp4

Sadly, the audio to his video was removed and replaced with generic music (). Probably copyright issues. But, his comment under the video stated this:

"Six years into diabetes I am off all meds and controlling the beast with diet, cannabis and exercise."

Within minutes of watching it, I was downloading the song to my playlist and running out to the garage to punch to it and record it on video.

After uploading my video to YT, I found that it can't be viewed on my iPhone, but YT allows the audio when viewing on a computer. Go figure.

I'm trying to keep up with the beat of this song using my Fighting Sports speed bag with its original black bladder. The FS bag is heavy & does not offer a great rebound. But, it continues to be in my Top 3 List in speed bags. I got my fists tangled a couple of times and also stopped to catch my breath a few times. Not my best punch drumming — it took a few seconds to figure out the beat in the beginning — but it might be useful or inspirational to someone out there.

I'm trying to keep up with the beat of this song using my Fighting Sports speed bag with its original black bladder. The FS bag is heavy & does not offer goo...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Del-Striking
    • Aug 2014

Hey Ms. Dee,
    I found this extremely useful and as with all your videos very inspirational.
    Like this gentlemen I also suffer from diabetes although mine is type-1 which cannot be controlled other than daily insulin injections. Had this for 20 years now and it is a beast.
    Love your reverse double punch in the forward position and your split fists are seamless.
    UPS just knocked on my door with my new Small Leone, can't wait to try this out for the first time.
    Thanks for the video and your passion. Joe
    Last edited by Del-Striking; 10-25-2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• swfl
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2013

Thanks for posting Dee. Quick hands and looking really good. Nice control.

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Looking good, as usual, MSDee.

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Great job Dee, I always love watching you hit.

fedora

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thanks for the comments, my speed bag brothers. Hey Del, let me know what you think of your Leone bag once you have it broken in.

My small Leone bag's bladder sprung a leak and I still haven't replaced the bladder. I ordered a new small Leone bag instead. I was surprised how much smaller it is from my original small bag. I think I'll need to order the larger bag next time.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Del-Striking
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              Thanks for the comments, my speed bag brothers. Hey Del, let me know what you think of your Leone bag once you have it broken in.

My small Leone bag's bladder sprung a leak and I still haven't replaced the bladder. I ordered a new small Leone bag instead. I was surprised how much smaller it is from my original small bag. I think I'll need to order the larger bag next time.
              The bag I received is true to size, side by side it's very close to my fighting sports 5x8 slightly rounder in shape though. I was surprised at how light this bag is and how soft and thin the leather is. After hitting a FS almost exclusively switching to this bag has a definite learning curve. I've discovered my precision is not what I thought it was, there is no room for error when hitting Mr. Leone. As you probably know this bag requires no force to get it going which is a little frustrating for me because I'm used to feeling feedback from the bag when striking it. Trying to control this bag has helped overall in my bagging, when I switch back to the fighting sports I'm amazed how slow it feels but my precision is definitely sharpened and combo's flow so much easier. I think they may have sent you a bag that is not true to size. that happened to me with a promex 5x8 which was so small I couldn't believe it, I sent it back. I love your video's hitting that Leone although I think they've been pulled off youtube now, I cant seem to find any footage of you on it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Del-Striking; 11-02-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...