• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Anyone interested in Muay Thai Boxing?

I found the following website and it looks very interesting. What makes it the most interesting is that it is so inexpensive because of the exchange rate. You can go to this camp for a week, including one meal a day and a private room with private bath for 6000 baht. The exchange rate works out to $125 US dollars!

Check out the home page here: http://www.horizonmuaythai.com/about.html

Anyone interested? I'm very seriously considering this. Granted, airfare to Thailand and maybe one or two nights in a Bangkok hotel plus spending cash are extra, but still.....

Come on, let's all go! If anyone else is interested, I'll look into more details and maybe a couple of us can go together!
  • o0obruceleeo0o
    • Sep 2006

That looks really cool. That would be fun if I had someone else from USA to go with. The only problem is that right now my fitness level isn't where it needs to be to do something like that. I've recently lost 15lbs, but I've got quite a bit more to go before I get more serious about combat sports. Also, I think I would get hungry with only 1 meal a day . I'll get back to you in about 6 months when I'm super fit hehe.

Comment

• o0obruceleeo0o
      • Sep 2006

Also, theres a show called "Dreamchasers" I guess (I've never seen it other than this episode online), and a guy from the US goes to Thailand to train in a muay thai camp. Thought you might be interested in watching it .

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thats part 1, its separated into a bunch of parts, but the links to the other parts are the little "related" box (make sure you watch them in order )

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

I couldn't go on one meal a day either, I'm pretty sure you have to pay extra for other meals, it's just the price includes one meal per day.

I'll check out the video when I'm not on my PDA.

Comment

• o0obruceleeo0o
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
          I couldn't go on one meal a day either, I'm pretty sure you have to pay extra for other meals, it's just the price includes one meal per day.
          Yeah, I was just giving you a hard time

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...