• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcruz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2011

Everlast platform and speedbag review with 3 month progress

See it in HD here: http://youtu.be/HJnZswHCC34?hd=1

After watching MaccZero8 and Zaza upload their recent progress, I was inspired to put together a video review with my progress too! I uploaded this to Amazon hoping that it will help other folks shopping for platforms since I didn't know this forum existed before buying mine.

Additional tips are welcome!
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Good stuff gcruz! It looks like your progress is coming along very nicely! Keep up the good work. Great Job on the Video and editing. I recently purchased one of the platforms you have but the board not as thick. What company from amazon did you make your purchase. I would like to get another with the thick board. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for posting! Keep on Baggin!
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Nice work gcruz! Do you have the "bible" yet... if not, get in contact with Alan and get a copy. It really clears things up and puts you on the right track IMHO... a MUST have.
      Looking forward to future videos from you.
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• gcruz
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2011

Amazon Prime

Thanks for you comment! It came from Amazon directly. I noticed that the photo had a chain swivel instead. I wonder if they quietly upgraded the board and swivel?

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
        Good stuff gcruz! It looks like your progress is coming along very nicely! Keep up the good work. Great Job on the Video and editing. I recently purchased one of the platforms you have but the board not as thick. What company from amazon did you make your purchase. I would like to get another with the thick board. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for posting! Keep on Baggin!

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

You've tamed the vibration of that platform pretty well. In the future, I hope platforms come from the manufacturers vibration free -- to the greatest extent possible.

Comment

• gcruz
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2011

Book and DVD

Thanks ZaZa! I ordered the book and DVD on Amazon before I got the platform for Christmas from my wife (and before I knew about this forum). I wanted to be sure what I was getting into. I have put it on my iPhone4 and ipad2 so I can watch it anywhere, but I'll usually watch it next to my bag so I can try out Alan's tips in real time.

Once I get better, I'll film with my 7D at 60fps and use Twixtor for ultra slow mo similar to yours! What was your trick to slowing it down smoothly? I hope the new Final Cut Pro coming out this June uses Apple Motion's Optical Flow tech!

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            Nice work gcruz! Do you have the "bible" yet... if not, get in contact with Alan and get a copy. It really clears things up and puts you on the right track IMHO... a MUST have.
            Looking forward to future videos from you.

Comment

• gcruz
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2011

Vibrations

I totally agree with you, but for about $90. I can't complain. Has anyone reviewed the Balazs iplatform and compared it to this? It cost 3 times as much no? I would hope it is vibration free out of the box for that price.

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              You've tamed the vibration of that platform pretty well. In the future, I hope platforms come from the manufacturers vibration free -- to the greatest extent possible.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by gcruz View Post
                Thanks ZaZa! I ordered the book and DVD on Amazon before I got the platform for Christmas from my wife (and before I knew about this forum). I wanted to be sure what I was getting into. I have put it on my iPhone4 and ipad2 so I can watch it anywhere, but I'll usually watch it next to my bag so I can try out Alan's tips in real time.

Once I get better, I'll film with my 7D at 60fps and use Twixtor for ultra slow mo similar to yours! What was your trick to slowing it down smoothly? I hope the new Final Cut Pro coming out this June uses Apple Motion's Optical Flow tech!
                We won't bore these people with our camera tech talk (that's another forum altogether)... I'll just say; AF100 w/Nikon 24mm overcranked to 60fps on a 24p timeline....SWEET!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Feb 2010

great video gcruz

Really enjoyed watching your review and mini documentary of your improving skills so far!

Glad you found the forum and thanks for posting, I love to see anyone falling in love with speedbagging

Your'e doing great with your skills too - I look forward to seeing future vids.
                  I have to say though, I'm just amazed at what some of you are doing with your camera work and editing. Top quality stuff.

It's about all I can do to crop my start and end point, d'oh

Comment

• gcruz
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2011

Thanks!

Thank you for your comment! I'm okay with taking my time to get better, I know I might get addicted like I am to photography. It's all about life balance right

As for camera work, it is amazing what one can do with an iPhone and iMovie! I'll be happy to help with any editing tips, feel free to drop me a line.

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                    Really enjoyed watching your review and mini documentary of your improving skills so far!

Glad you found the forum and thanks for posting, I love to see anyone falling in love with speedbagging

Your'e doing great with your skills too - I look forward to seeing future vids.
                    I have to say though, I'm just amazed at what some of you are doing with your camera work and editing. Top quality stuff.

It's about all I can do to crop my start and end point, d'oh

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Tim and StevieMac have vidz with the Balaz ibox

Has anyone reviewed the Balazs iplatform and compared it to this?
                      This is not a comparison or review, but you can check out the ibox StevieMac has and Tim hits on an ibox in his vidz.

The links below might help.

Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• gcruz
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Apr 2011

Amazon posted my review

Please vote yes on Amazon if you found my review helpful. It will float to the top of the product page. I promoted speedbag forum without giving the exact url because of Amazon's policies:

Thanks!

Gary

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

Please vote yes on Amazon...
                          Done did it.

Comment

• gcruz
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Apr 2011

Thanks! Can't wait for my swivel!

Sweet, thanks! Is it bad that I'm already dreaming of a Balazs platform?

Comment

• NorCalSpanky
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2011

Sweet, thanks! Is it bad that I'm already dreaming of a Balazs platform?
                              nope, my ibox came in yesterday, mounted it and been hitting on it all day. well worth dreaming about

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...