• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimJo
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2008

Boxing Gear's® Speed bag Swivel

I have a question about the Boxing Gear's® Speed bag Swivel, do they have the shorter hook version out yet?
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago and it came with the "longer" S-hook. I'm not sure if you can request the shorter S-hook, but it's worth a try.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      I just bought one a couple of weeks ago and it came with the "longer" S-hook. I'm not sure if you can request the shorter S-hook, but it's worth a try.
      I would suggest putting pressure on them for the shorter hook version they sent me. My belief is they already had a large lot of the longer swivel version in already and will sell them first, BUT customer pressure can always "turn the market".
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Rich
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Feb 2008

I recently ordered one and I asked they send me a short one, they said they would. Not sure if it is actually a short one or not though. Will the shorter hook make that much of a difference?
        Last edited by Rich; 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• JimJo
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          I recently ordered one and I asked they send me a short one, they said they would. Not sure if it is actually a short one or not though. Will the shorter hook make that much of a difference?
          When you get your swivel on the mail can you please give me an update to see if they sent you the short one? Thanks!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            It's about 1/2 inch longer over all.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              I would suggest putting pressure on them for the shorter hook version they sent me. My belief is they already had a large lot of the longer swivel version in already and will sell them first, BUT customer pressure can always "turn the market".
              I e-mailed them about the shorter version from the "Contact Us" link on their site. I received a quick reply from them. They asked for my address and said they would send one right out to me.

Now that's SERVICE! Thanks for the heads-up, Speedbag.

EDIT: Copy of e-mails:

To: **********
              Subject: RE: Boxing Gear'sR Speed bag Swivel - Triple chrome plated , precision ball Swivel
              Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:13:47 -0400

Please send me your address, and we will mail it to you.

-----Original Message-----
              Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 6:36 PM
              To: orders@fitness-equipment.com
              Subject: Boxing Gear'sR Speed bag Swivel - Triple chrome plated, precision ball Swivel

Name:Robert Bifano
              Email Address:************
              I just purchaed the Boxing Gear'sR Speed bag Swivel - Triple chrome plated, precision ball Swivel and received it about two weeks ago. Is there any chance that I could get the smaller S-hook? The one I have now works fine, but I understand you have manufactured a smaller S-hook. The shorter rebound arc created by the smaller S-hook would create a faster rebound.

Can you please keep me informed as to my request? TIA
              Last edited by Biff; 03-17-2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• JimJo
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                I e-mailed them about the shorter version from the "Contact Us" link on their site. I received a quick reply from them. They asked for my address and said they would send one right out to me.

Now that's SERVICE! Thanks for the heads-up, Speedbag.
                Cool! Looks like I gotta order one.

Comment

• Rich
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Feb 2008

I sent an email requesting the shorter hook on the 17th and received the new hook today. Like Alan said it is about a 1/2 shorter. My Title 10 x 7 seems to move noticeably faster. This should buy me a few more weeks before ordering a yellow 5 x 8.

Comment

• riqal
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2006

Is that boxing gear metal swivel noisy? I don't like a lot of metal clanking noise , and if the boxing gear swivel is relatively quiet then I just might order one. Right now I use the chainlink, but one day I may decide to switch. I have the everlast plastic ballhook, which works fine, but does anyone know first hand how the boxing gear compares to the plastic in terms of action and noise?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                      Is that boxing gear metal swivel noisy? I don't like a lot of metal clanking noise , and if the boxing gear swivel is relatively quiet then I just might order one. Right now I use the chainlink, but one day I may decide to switch. I have the everlast plastic ballhook, which works fine, but does anyone know first hand how the boxing gear compares to the plastic in terms of action and noise?
                      You can see and hear the "original" (longer) Boxing Gear metal Ballhook swivel in this video. I start hitting at 2:00min into the video.

You can see and hear the Boxing Gear Ball hook with a shorter S-hook in this video. I didn't mention it on the video, but it is the shorter S hook they sent me a few weeks before.

The thickness of your board also effects the "sound" of your rebounds. A larger, thicker board sounds deeper than a thin small one.
                      Last edited by Speedbag; 03-22-2008, 10:38 AM.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dax_q
                        • Jan 2008

Alan,
                        How would you compare the Boxing Gear Swivel with the shorter hook to the everlast swivel. Comparable? Better?
                        Dax

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dax_q View Post
                          Alan,
                          How would you compare the Boxing Gear Swivel with the shorter hook to the everlast swivel. Comparable? Better? Dax
                          I'd say they are comparable performance wise. I can't tell a lot of difference between their rebound, however the Boxing Gear swivel is readily available.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...