X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaju Dog
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    so now that ive put in alot of time on this board i wanna address something that seems to be a recuring question VIBRATION! ok there is little to no vibration on this board even with the thin drum and i believe that is because it is mounded to the roof of my porch...i have changed my opinion that wall mounted units are the best. my new favorite is ceiling mounted. i have no weight on top and its still great...i just realized i put a shoe up there a couple weeks ago that the dog got and it hasten moved an inch...i gotta tell u i love hitting outside and this is a great board!

ps i also changed the screws to bolts from the top securing it to the porch which was a wise decision. anyone could make something like this for little money it is not that hard to do (is cost me nothing just had to dip into my dads spare wood collection hahaha) actually i had to spend 15$ for the swivel from walmart...one more thing...u guys think i shud bring the swivel in when the snow comes?

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
      ...i have changed my opinion that wall mounted units are the best. my new favorite is ceiling mounted. i have no weight on top and its still great...
      Yep, I was talking to Skunk about this the last time he was at my house, and he said the most stable platform he ever had was the ceiling mounted one he had at his previous residence. That really is the ultimate setup for killing vibration.

...one more thing...u guys think i shud bring the swivel in when the snow comes?
      What is this thing you call "Snow"?? ( Florida resident )

If it's plastic, you can probably just leave it... let's see some footage of you punching with snow falling in the background, that would be cool.

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Yep, I was talking to Skunk about this the last time he was at my house, and he said the most stable platform he ever had was the ceiling mounted one he had at his previous residence. That really is the ultimate setup for killing vibration.

If it's plastic, you can probably just leave it... let's see some footage of you punching with snow falling in the background, that would be cool.
        thats a great idea if i ever get video capabilities...might have to settle for a picture for now well see when the snow comes

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Come out to the midwest in January, we have plenty. Better yet, head up to Buffalo....................................
          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...