• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bezzer
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2009

Which bag?

hey everyone. Im going to order a new speedbag next week when i get paid . Im going to get some type of 8x5. I see that the Title 8x5 bag is the most popular on here. However in the UK i dont think i can get hold of one? Is there anyone in the UK who could advise me of a good bag? Just looking for something fast with a nice rebound to it. Ive been looking at an everlast 8x5 but not sure how they perform.
  • MikeTarheel
    • Sep 2009

Hi, Bezzer: Great to see you hear. I have the larger Everlast and the smaller Title. I am pleased with both - but I am looking at something in between. I am not qualified to advise on this issue, but wanted to say Hello and will follow your purchase and thoughts about it upon receipt. You came to the Right Place.

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Originally posted by bezzer View Post
      hey everyone. Im going to order a new speedbag next week when i get paid . Im going to get some type of 8x5. I see that the Title 8x5 bag is the most popular on here. However in the UK i dont think i can get hold of one? Is there anyone in the UK who could advise me of a good bag? Just looking for something fast with a nice rebound to it. Ive been looking at an everlast 8x5 but not sure how they perform.
      hey bezzer, i have an Everlast 8x5 it is probably my favorite bag! have you tried Sugarrays site? i think they are discontinuing this bag and UKspeedbag may have had the last one! but there is a nice selection on their site the white fightingsports bag looks very good! happy shopping.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
        hey bezzer, i have an Everlast 8x5 it is probably my favorite bag! have you tried Sugarrays site? i think they are discontinuing this bag and UKspeedbag may have had the last one! but there is a nice selection on their site the white fightingsports bag looks very good! happy shopping.
        The white Fighting Sports would be my next choice of bags. The Everlast bag is superb and has become my favourite bag over my others.

Give them a call to check their stock before ordering.

Fingers, On the 8x5, does it have Cp:S stamped in it? I thought I was sent a 9x6? It's the same size as my Rival 9x6. Looking at Sugar Rays website, it says 8x5 = small, hence the 'S'.

I always thought 9x6 was small and 8x5 was xtra small.

So after all, they did send me the right bag then.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
          The white Fighting Sports would be my next choice of bags. The Everlast bag is superb and has become my favourite bag over my others.

Give them a call to check their stock before ordering.

Fingers, On the 8x5, does it have Cp:S stamped in it? I thought I was sent a 9x6? It's the same size as my Rival 9x6. Looking at Sugar Rays website, it says 8x5 = small, hence the 'S'.

I always thought 9x6 was small and 8x5 was xtra small.

So after all, they did send me the right bag then.
          mate iv'e never noticed!! i will check in the morning.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

mate iv'e never noticed!! i will check in the morning.
            Cheers mate?

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Originally posted by MelloYello
              The Everlast is a good choice but IMHO the Title feels and bounces better. Never tried the Fighting brand but I hear good things about it.

I thought TitleBoxing.com ships overseas, no?
              Yes Mello i think they do!! but the shipping is really high Nearly as much as the bag itself and to top it off the UK customs charge us import duty i got an Everlast 6x4 shipped over (not available in the UK) it ended up costing me 4 times the price!

Comment

• bezzer
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Sep 2009

The white fightingsports bag looks really good, Im thinking of buying it, just not sure how it performs. Has anybody got a video they could post up of one being hit? That would be a great help.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

The white fightingsports bag looks really good, Im thinking of buying it, just not sure how it performs. Has anybody got a video they could post up of one being hit? That would be a great help.
                  Here you go mate. No body better than AK to demonstrate a speed bag. He starts with, I think the Title 5x8 and continues with the FS 5x8.
                  Last edited by ukspeedbag; 10-24-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• bezzer
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Sep 2009

Thanks for posting that video UKspeedbag. Is it just me or does that bag look quite big for an 8x5? Im not sure what to buy, i also like the look of the everlast yellow/black bags that are in the speedbag truck. What size are they and are they hard to get hold of in the UK?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Thanks for posting that video UKspeedbag. Is it just me or does that bag look quite big for an 8x5? Im not sure what to buy, i also like the look of the everlast yellow/black bags that are in the speedbag truck. What size are they and are they hard to get hold of in the UK?
                      You'll need to ask Spinsmashpop if this is the same one. I think it's a 9x6 mate.

Sugar Rays have it here: http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/ever...speedball.html
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ukspeedbag; 10-24-2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Bezzer, are you after something really small? The smallest bag I have is the Cleto Reyes 8x5. This is a very quick bag and can be difficult to control when doing some combo's. For an adrenaline rush, this is the bag. It's expensive too, but I like it and if anything happened to it, I'd get another.

I've taken a picture of the small bags, hope it gives you some idea on the sizes.
                        From left to right are the Cleto Reyes 8x5, Title Classic 8x5, Everlast 8x5 and Rival 9x6.

Notice the size difference on the 3 8x5's.

The FS bag could be a little bigger than my Title bag. The Title bag that Alan is hitting is a Title 8x5. I think? This is slightly bigger than it's sister bag, the Classic. Classic is 'red' and standard is 'yellow'.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                          You'll need to ask Spinsmashpop if this is the same one. I think it's a 9x6 mate.

Sugar Rays have it here: http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/ever...speedball.html
                          The black/gold bags in the truck are "X-small". Small is 8x5 in Everlast world, so I think x-small is 7x4. Definitely smaller than the bags UK pictured....They are fun, and for some reason, the lining on the black/gold ones are softer than the red x-small I have. The rebound on the red x-small isn't as good either. Maybe it's just coincidence.... but I'd order the x-small black/gold!
                          BAG ON!

Comment

• bezzer
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Sep 2009

Cheers for your help ukspeedbag. I can see the size difference between the bags clearly now. If the fightingsports bag is just a bit bigger than your title bag then thats the sort of size im after. Im gonna order it on wednesday and ill try get a video posted up soon so you can see what its like. thanks again.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

I'm sure speedbag or spinsmashpop will come along andconfirm the size of that bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...