• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crazyharp81602
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2009

Amber speed bags

Anyone own an amber speed bag? If so, then how good are they? I have an adidas speed bag made of PU material and I decided to buy a real leather black speed bag of high quality, great shape, and is affordable. I happened to contemplate buying a speed bag made from Amber, but I'm not sure how good the speed bags are. Any opinions about them?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Crazyharp81602 View Post
    Anyone own an amber speed bag? If so, then how good are they? I have an adidas speed bag made of PU material and I decided to buy a real leather black speed bag of high quality, great shape, and is affordable. I happened to contemplate buying a speed bag made from Amber, but I'm not sure how good the speed bags are. Any opinions about them?
    I have used them on several occassions. the ones I used (back in 2001-2002) I liked a lot. They were not mine used them in several locations. Nice shape, balance and good rebound best I remember.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Crazyharp81602
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2009

Thanks for the input. But I'm still not sure about the Amber brand. So, after racking up my brains trying to decide which black speed bag to get, I've decided on getting the Fighting Sports Pro bags because it's black and perfectly shaped. I've browsed around this board looking for advice, images, and opinions on which bag's the best to get and I found that some of you favor the Fighting Sports because of its shape and great moves.

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Great choice!! you wont be disappointed.

Comment

• Crazyharp81602
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2009

I did it. I ordered the Fighting Sports Pro speed bag from Amazon. Now I'll have to wait a few days for it to arrive. When it does, I'll workout on it and see how this baby can stand abuse!

Comment

• Crazyharp81602
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2009

UPDATE! Fighting Sports bags has arrived, but...

Got my speed bag today and I love it ! It's just like what you guys have said about it. An excellent well shaped bag. But now I come across a problem-- the Fighting Sports speed bag won't fit through the Everlast swivel I could barely squeeze the loop through the hole to get the other part to attach itself to the other parts to secure it in. I'll have to buy another Pro swivel that'll easily fit the speed bag and the other speed bag I have which is the Adidas. Any excellent swivels I can use for both speed bags and all the rest?

Comment

• Crazyharp81602
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2009

Got my speed bag today and I love it ! It's just like what you guys have said about it. An excellent well shaped bag. But now I come across a problem-- the Fighting Sports speed bag won't fit through the Everlast swivel I could barely squeeze the loop through the hole to get the other part to attach itself to the other parts to secure it in. I'll have to buy another Pro swivel that'll easily fit the speed bag and the other speed bag I have which is the Adidas. Any excellent swivels I can use for both speed bags and all the rest?
              Never mind. I got it. All I had to do is squeeze the loop in so that the parts of the swivel can fit back together just fine. Now I'm all set. No need to buy another swivel now.
              Last edited by Crazyharp81602; 11-19-2009, 05:49 PM. Reason: adding to the post

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

The Fighting Sports 8x5 bag does have a thick bag attachment loop and those kind are tough to attach on small ball hooks or small chain links. However, It is a great bag and I think the work out, rebound action etc will be well worth the effort.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...