• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jae
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2010

Cleto Reyes XS

I'm looking for a speedbag for boxing, and I'm only really after something that has a short rebound arc and can move fast.

My question is, since that I live in Australia, what are good stores/sites for speedballs that you would recommend? (reasonably priced). I titled this thread Cleto Reyes XS because I've heard it excels in providing what I'm looking for in a speedbag, although other recommendations are greatly appreciated.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Welcome to the forum, Jae. SpeedballDeano, a member on the forum, is from Australia. I'm sure he'll respond to your question with places to purchase equipment. Good luck in your search.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jae View Post
      I'm looking for a speedbag for boxing, and I'm only really after something that has a short rebound arc and can move fast.

My question is, since that I live in Australia, what are good stores/sites for speedballs that you would recommend? (reasonably priced). I titled this thread Cleto Reyes XS because I've heard it excels in providing what I'm looking for in a speedbag, although other recommendations are greatly appreciated.
      Welcome, JAE.

Deano and Roc Stone are forum members from Aussie land, great baggers themselves, and may have some local tips for you.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jae
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2010

Thank you for the guidance, it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Hi Jae!! welcome to the forum! you should check out Speedbagsisorhands videos he has some comparing the Cleto x-small to other bags, i have the Cleto small and i can say is it is a fast top quality bag the x-small is very small and very fast but expensive you wont be disappointed.

Comment

• Jae
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            Hi Jae!! welcome to the forum! you should check out Speedbagsisorhands videos he has some comparing the Cleto x-small to other bags, i have the Cleto small and i can say is it is a fast top quality bag the x-small is very small and very fast but expensive you wont be disappointed.
            Oh okay, would you reccomend the X-Small or Small for someone who's been bagging for about 3-4 months. (no real combo's, just for boxing conditioning, maybe a few elbows here and there for some spice).

In addition, which swivel do you feel would compliment the bag you recommended (S or XS), for someone at my level?

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Jae View Post
              Oh okay, would you reccomend the X-Small or Small for someone who's been bagging for about 3-4 months. (no real combo's, just for boxing conditioning, maybe a few elbows here and there for some spice).

In addition, which swivel do you feel would compliment the bag you recommended (S or XS), for someone at my level?
              Ther are many bag wizards on this forum that will help you! in my opinion i would go with the small!! the cleto bags have a very thick strong loop which i have recently found best suited to the ball-hook swivel, but scissorhands really gets it smoking on a u-bolt so its all a matter of choice really! i never thought i would get on with the ball-hook but i am finding myself baggin for hours on end like a dog with a new ball.

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Ther are many bag wizards on this forum that will help you! in my opinion i would go with the small!! the cleto bags have a very thick strong loop which i have recently found best suited to the ball-hook swivel, but scissorhands really gets it smoking on a u-bolt so its all a matter of choice really! i never thought i would get on with the ball-hook but i am finding myself baggin for hours on end like a dog with a new ball.
                Woof! That's one dog ya don't mess with!!!
                Last edited by Biff; 04-12-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2007

Yes the Cleto Reyers is a good bag, one of the best in fact. It was quite a long time before I got one, and it is the most expensive bag I have ever purchased. The cost alone will sort the more serious baggers, I suggest you sit down when considering the cost.

As Fingers said the quality of the craftsmanship and the grade of leather is far superior than most and the loop would take a good punishing before it distorted, if ever.

As for your choice of swivel, from what you've described you may be better off leaving the B/H swivel out of the equation if your not into trick hitting. The quickest rebounding swivel I know of is the Jim Bradley, which you can buy from Rebel sports. If you're after something a little bit more forgiving than you may wanna consider the U-Bolt, which you will have to import.

I got my Cleto Reyers XS off ebay, which is probably the best source for all international SB equipment. Check it out, I garentee you'll buy something else before you get the Cleto Reyers.
                  sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Jae
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                    Yes the Cleto Reyers is a good bag, one of the best in fact. It was quite a long time before I got one, and it is the most expensive bag I have ever purchased. The cost alone will sort the more serious baggers, I suggest you sit down when considering the cost.

As Fingers said the quality of the craftsmanship and the grade of leather is far superior than most and the loop would take a good punishing before it distorted, if ever.

As for your choice of swivel, from what you've described you may be better off leaving the B/H swivel out of the equation if your not into trick hitting. The quickest rebounding swivel I know of is the Jim Bradley, which you can buy from Rebel sports. If you're after something a little bit more forgiving than you may wanna consider the U-Bolt, which you will have to import.

I got my Cleto Reyers XS off ebay, which is probably the best source for all international SB equipment. Check it out, I garentee you'll buy something else before you get the Cleto Reyers.
                    Awesome feedback man, did you have to pay any tax when ordering speedbags from ebay, or was the shipping amount that was presented on the item details the exact amount paid for the international shipping? Because I've done some research and some sellers have commented that some import taxes or fees may be incurred.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

i never thought i would get on with the ball-hook but i am finding myself baggin for hours on end like a dog with a new ball.
                      Great to hear your enjoying the ball hook fingers.
                      Hey Jae, I just sent you a message through YouTube, then seen that you joined the forum and asked your question. Well it looks like Roc Stone has answered your question and given you some sound advice. Great to have you on board mate, as you've already seen, there are great people here that are more than happy to help you out.
                      Good luck with your training, let us know how you progress.
                      Last edited by ukspeedbag; 04-14-2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• fingers
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                        Great to hear your enjoying the ball hook fingers.
                        Hey Jae, I just sent you a message through YouTube, then seen that you joined the forum and asked your question. Well it looks like Roc Stone has answered your question and given you some sound advice. Great to have you on board mate, as you've already seen, there are great people here that are more than happy to help you out.
                        Good luck with your training, let us know how you progress.
                        Hey UK!! a very kind forum member sent me a metal ball-hook so i am trying it in the plastic housing.. seems great, i did post a vid of me loosing my ball-hook virginity a few days ago i never thought that would ever happen!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

I just read it mate and left comments. Great video fingers!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...