X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StevieMac
    • Oct 2010

Has anyone used a platform like this?

If so, how was the vibration? I’m currently using a home built platform and it’s VERY sturdy but it would be nice to have some adjustability.
  • StevieMac
    • Oct 2010

Never mind. Some extensive searching has yielded the answer I was looking for. Sounds like this single post design will vibrate too much.

Too bad. The issue is that I punch out in the garage and have no available wall space to mount the more typical setups. I currently have my home made setup mounted to an 8” wide overhead wooden beam running down the center of the ceiling. The platform is rock solid but not adjustable and I made the mistake of mounting it a little high. The other mounting option is off an 8” wide vertical wooden post is the middle of the garage. So the single post with vertical adjustment seemed perfect but I guess not. Oh well…..

Comment

• ssdvc
      • Oct 2010

I just got a Valor Fitness CA2 for $230, shipped ! You don't need a lot of room and it is fully adjustable for height. Plus, the two post setup looks way more stable than a single post, in my humble and newbie experience.
      ________
      Vaporizer
      Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• StevieMac
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ssdvc View Post
        I just got a Valor Fitness CA2 for $230, shipped ! You don't need a lot of room and it is fully adjustable for height. Plus, the two post setup looks way more stable than a single post, in my humble and newbie experience.
        I'm looking at that platform now and it looks GREAT. That may just be the ticket. Better wait until next month so the wife doesn't kill me for spending so much on speed bag gear after just getting started with this new hobby/addiction.

Please post a review once you've put it through its paces.
        Last edited by StevieMac; 10-28-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Balazs I-Box is an outstanding adjustable platform as well at $229

Comment

• StevieMac
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Balazs I-Box is an outstanding adjustable platform as well at $229

http://www.balazsboxing.com/cgi-bin/...i-box%20series
            Thanks Tim. I've got to admit I like the idea of the worm drive adjustment on the Valor unit but the Balazs certainly seems to be the favourite around here and that means a lot so I'll give the Balazs unit some more thought. I’ll probably order one or the other within the next week.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...