Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Speed bag discussion

Speed bag discussion Speed bag technique, training, and equipment

Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 AM

MsDeville is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Introducing The DEVILLE Swivel (aka "A-51")

SWIVEL UPDATE: JANUARY 3, 2013

I just want anyone reading this thread to know that I sold the last Deville A-51 on December 20, 2012. Thanks to all of you who have ordered one.

NOTE: I have a limited supply of A-51's in the "Seconds" drawer in the workshop. They are fully functional, but they're the un-pretty ones. The swivel base has a blemish, or maybe even a typo on it. I hand-stamp the name into the base, and every once in awhile, I would stamp an upside-down letter or something. If you really want this particular style, I usually offer these at a discount.

BUT, we have re-designed our other swivel the No.13.
It will be available for purchase on a very appropriate date:
01-13-13
(January 13, 2013).

You are welcome to email me before January 13th and I can put you on the Waiting List.

Here is the re-vamped No.13 swivel.
Because of the simpler design, I am able to offer it for less!

You can contact me through the forum via Private Message,
BUT, the best way to contact me is through my Deville Swivel email address:

DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

Bag on!!!

SWIVEL UPDATE FOR MAY 2012:

I have a new email address for the Deville Swivels.
I can be reached right here on the forum through the Private Messaging on my MsDeville Profile Page,
OR
I can be contacted at:

DEVILLESWIVELS@GMAIL.COM

Please contact me anytime for pricing and shipping information and I will get back to you asap!

Thanks!

As you know, I've been working on a swivel design with "Trainer Raul" (my s.o.). Because of Raul's 50+ years of boxing/speed bagging experience, we felt that we could come up with a pretty good design for a swivel.

We have been tweaking them here and there for the past several weeks, and have changed some of the materials. Our biggest hurdle was figuring out how to make the S-hook. Raul has figured out a pretty consistent way of making them now.

So, I think we have finally achieved our goal: to produce a swivel that is smooth, fast, and relatively quiet. And it's a little different.

I've posted a few videos on the forum showing examples of how it performs on my metal platform, the concrete platform, and also the vertical platform. Personally, I'm totally pleased with it. Especially since I changed out the carabiner with the s-hooks that Raul is fabricating.

So, we are now moving forward with this and have sent out a few prototypes to some of our premiere speed baggers here on the forum. I was thrilled to get positive feedback from each of them. Thanks Alan, Tim, Skunk, and novaspeedbagger and I invite all of you to give your impression of the swivel.

So, I'm posting at this time to see if there is enough interest in this swivel to continue making them. Right now, we have 20 swivels left in this first batch to offer at a special price. I wish I could give them away, but, there is a lot of time, labor and material invested. I know Jumpcannon can relate to this. His custom swivels are a classic design and worth every penny.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in one, please PM me and I'll get back to you.

Here are the links showing the swivel:

Metal Platform:

Concrete platform (Raul painted this one black):

Vertical Platform:

Contact me anytime for Deville Swivel information: Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

Last edited by MsDeville; 01-03-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Upated swivel information as of JANUARY 3, 2013
Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 PM

CMP is on a distinguished road
I would like a few..

Hello Ms. Deville
I am interested, I sent you P.M. or you can e-mail me direct at gfysinvermont@gmail.com Thanks Chris

P.S. that stands for Go Find Yourself In Vermont, not the other "F" that is frequently used! Yes,I get a lot of questions about that......
Old 02-12-2012, 01:02 PM

southtexaskevin is on a distinguished road
Nice, looks like quality work
Old 02-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Speed Bag Wizard

spinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond repute
MsDeville!!! Great punch drumming!!! And great Vert Punch Drumming!
I like how the clock in the background is turned 90 degrees to the left... kind of throws off the perception a bit... haha...
I would like to purchase one of your Swivs....
What would the difference be between a Caribiner and S hook?
You can PM me with price details and all that Paypal or Check mailing stuff..
Thanks!
BAG ON!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Thanks Dee for allowing me to Punch up one of your test models, and I can tell the group it is a very fast and efficient ballhook. I've never seen or used anything quite like it for there is NO NOISE from the swivel construction and the only sounds are the bag hitting the board.

If you're looking for a fast, efficient Ballhook Swivel by all means this will fill your needs.

Thanks Dee and Raul for a great addition to the speed bag equipment family.

I also think the name "Deville Swivel" is good, cause it will help cut your " Bible Style Baggin' " down to size, and that
makes DEE The "Barber of Deville". or maybe it's Raul who is "The Barber of Deville" but either way, it's from Deville.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. V ! The Quest Continues... 2014 at the NEW Real Gymm in Keyport, NJ

The Art of the Bag

Last edited by Speedbag; 02-12-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMP View Post
Hello Ms. Deville
I am interested, I sent you P.M. or you can e-mail me direct at gfysinvermont@gmail.com Thanks Chris

P.S. that stands for Go Find Yourself In Vermont, not the other "F" that is frequently used! Yes,I get a lot of questions about that......
I'll bet you do get a lot of comments... btw, I would love to go find myself in Vermont... especially in the fall. I hear it's beautiful that time of year.

And, thanks so much for the order! I'll keep you posted as to when I mail them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexaskevin View Post
Nice, looks like quality work
Thanks, Kevin. Raul does good work. (He's been in construction all his life and really enjoys coming up with new ways to build things.) Oh, and I received your PM and replied back. I'll wait to hear back from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsmashpop View Post
MsDeville!!! Great punch drumming!!! And great Vert Punch Drumming!
I like how the clock in the background is turned 90 degrees to the left... kind of throws off the perception a bit... haha...
I would like to purchase one of your Swivs....
What would the difference be between a Caribiner and S hook?
You can PM me with price details and all that Paypal or Check mailing stuff..
Thanks!
BAG ON!
Thanks, Brian. If I keep it simple, the vertical bagging is really addictive and lots of fun. It seems to be easier on the shoulders...
RE: the swivels... (I got your PM). The swivel comes with an S-hook, but if someone wanted just the swivel and I-bolt/brass ball, that's do-able. I'll have to check with Raul regarding the difference in cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
Thanks Dee for allowing me to Punch up one of your test models, and I can tell the group it is a very fast and efficient ballhook. I've never seen or used anything quite like it for there is NO NOISE from the swivel construction and the only sounds are the bag hitting the board.

If you're looking for a fast, efficient Ballhook Swivel by all means this will fill your needs.

Thanks Dee and Raul for a great addition to the speed bag equipment family.

I also think the name "Deville Swivel" is good, cause it will help cut your " Bible Style Baggin' " down to size, and that
makes DEE The "Barber of Deville". or maybe it's Raul who is "The Barber of Deville" but either way, it's from Deville.

Thanks so much for the glowing review, Alan! I'll make sure that Raul sees this thread...

I guess I will stick with the name DEVILLE, and maybe this particular model will be the "A-51." Yes, I'm sure that down the road, Raul is going to come up with some more models. As a matter of fact, he's working on a special design right now. And, then there's the illuminated prototype that he made. I've had two inquiries about that particular one on my YouTube channel!

Contact me anytime for Deville Swivel information: Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

Last edited by MsDeville; 02-12-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added info.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDeville View Post
I'll bet you do get a lot of comments... btw, I would love to go find myself in Vermont... especially in the fall. I hear it's beautiful that time of year.

And, thanks so much for the order! I'll keep you posted as to when I mail them out.

Thanks, Kevin. Raul does good work. (He's been in construction all his life and really enjoys coming up with new ways to build things.) Oh, and I received your PM and replied back. I'll wait to hear back from you.

Thanks, Brian. If I keep it simple, the vertical bagging is really addictive and lots of fun. It seems to be easier on the shoulders...
RE: the swivels... (I got your PM). The swivel comes with an S-hook, but if someone wanted just the swivel and I-bolt/brass ball, that's do-able. I'll have to check with Raul regarding the difference in cost.

Thanks so much for the glowing review, Alan! I'll make sure that Raul sees this thread...

I guess I will stick with the name DEVILLE, and maybe this particular model will be the "A-51." Yes, I'm sure that down the road, Raul is going to come up with some more models. As a matter of fact, he's working on a special design right now. And, then there's the illuminated prototype that he made. I've had two inquiries about that particular one on my YouTube channel!
If you are going to have "model numbers" you might offer three alternatives

1: Just the metal ball with eyeshank attached (no S hook or Caribener)

A-51 bare

2: The metal ballhook with an "S" hook

A-51-S

3. the Metal ballhook with a caribener attachement

A-51-C

Just a thought if you're going to be offering options.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. V ! The Quest Continues... 2014 at the NEW Real Gymm in Keyport, NJ

The Art of the Bag
Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
If you are going to have "model numbers" you might offer three alternatives

1: Just the metal ball with eyeshank attached (no S hook or Caribener)

A-51 bare

2: The metal ballhook with an "S" hook

A-51-S

3. the Metal ballhook with a caribener attachement

A-51-C

Just a thought if you're going to be offering options.

Good idea, Alan. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 PM

Gozzee is on a distinguished road
What are you going to do with your other swivels that you don't use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDeville View Post
As you know, I've been working on a swivel design with "Trainer Raul" (my s.o.). Because of Raul's 50+ years of boxing/speed bagging experience, we felt that we could come up with a pretty good design for a swivel.

We have been tweaking them here and there for the past several weeks, and have changed some of the materials. Our biggest hurdle was figuring out how to make the S-hook. Raul has figured out a pretty consistent way of making them now.

So, I think we have finally achieved our goal: to produce a swivel that is smooth, fast, and relatively quiet. And it's… a little different.

I've posted a few videos on the forum showing examples of how it performs on my metal platform, the concrete platform, and also the vertical platform. Personally, I'm totally pleased with it. Especially since I changed out the carabiner with the s-hooks that Raul is fabricating.

So, we are now moving forward with this and have sent out a few prototypes to some of our premiere speed baggers here on the forum. I was thrilled to get positive feedback from each of them. Thanks Alan, Tim, Skunk, and novaspeedbagger and I invite all of you to give your impression of the swivel.

So, I'm posting at this time to see if there is enough interest in this swivel to continue making them. Right now, we have 20 swivels left in this first batch to offer at a special price. I wish I could give them away, but, there is a lot of time, labor and material invested. I know Jumpcannon can relate to this. His custom swivels are a classic design and worth every penny.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in one, please PM me and I'll get back to you.

Here are the links showing the swivel:

Metal Platform:

Concrete platform (Raul painted this one black):

Vertical Platform:

Last edited by Gozzee; 02-12-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozzee View Post
What are you going to do with your other swivels that you don't use?
If you mean my old swivels, from Everlast, original prototypes, etc.? We will most likely hold on to them, for now. And, I'll never let loose of my Powermill. Even though I don't use it often for punch-drumming, it's a classic.